Jambands.ca

Ottawa folk: best donair?

bradm

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good lord...you guys are donair crazy!

Del the Carp Donair place is just 'round the bend..pretty much from me. I know you aint got wheels and sounds like I could make you gloriously satisfied if I grab ya one on my way into town sometime....that's pretty easy pleasing.

haha...I'm not very accustomed to such simplicity!

So,

I'll try to remember to hook ya up bro.

funny, funny.

• 1 year later...

Funny you should say that. We're just about to walk out the door to go to Hooley's. Best new bar in Ottawa, great patio, live music, wicked staff, two great menus and yes real Halifax donair. All the meat is shipped in every week from Brothers Meats in Hali. I highly recommend this place though on the weekends its packed with kids.

You been there yet Barrett?

...ahhh, yes, there are no "true" donairs west of Halifax...King of Donairs on Spring Garden Road (not sure if they're still there) had THE BEST DONAIRS HANDS DOWN...and covered in "donair sauce"...what can you say about mystery meat on a rotating post mixed with tomatoes, onions and that special sauce...I'm heading east two weeks from today and my first meal will be my mum's amazing seafood chowder and second meal will be a donair... ;)

It takes me three days of sloppy goodness to get through one Roberts Donair, but man, it's worth the pain and rejection you suffer from all your friends and coworkers shunning you due to the pervasive and longlasting scent of donair.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM