Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

Awesome Greg.

I am shocked to think I havent listened to that yet. Hell, I havent even heard the Keystone one from the Pure Jerry series and that may be my favorite Garcia era-shit of them all.

To answer the question, yes, I am babbling but I now got Bird Song from Veneta '72 going.

Hmmm. You're right. The page for it comes up, but the individual tracks (I tried both the 64k and VBR MP3s of "Eminence Front") give an XML error. I downloaded it a couple of days ago, so it may be zorched now.

FWIW, they do it pretty straight, albeit with a little more lead guitar (I think the band has two guitarists who play lead lines).

Aloha,

Brad

I think there's a problem with archive.org, as I get the same error when trying to play tracks from the Hampton show as I do when trying to play tracks from the New Monsoon show. There are also posts in the LMA forum about the error, so I'm not sure what's up (or down) or when it'll be fixed.

Aloha,

Brad

Van_Morrison_Bob_Dylan_Duets_front.jpg

Awesome Greg.

I am shocked to think I havent listened to that yet. Hell, I havent even heard the Keystone one from the Pure Jerry series and that may be my favorite Garcia era-shit of them all.

To answer the question, yes, I am babbling but I now got Bird Song from Veneta '72 going.

You've changed man.

The "Making of the Commitments" dvd extra, which is playing on the TV behind me (have to return the movie later today). Funny how Roddy Doyle had originally thought of this as being a movie about a rock'n'roll band, until he realised he could do so much to diversify the characters by making it about soul (i.e. adding the horn section & singers).

And the guy who played Deco (the singer) was only 16 at the time, too.

Highlights include covers "Eminence Front"...

Phooie. Link's not working right now; having always wanted to cover that tune myself' date=' I've always wanted to hear how bands play around with it.

[/quote']

Archive.org seems to be having a better day today; I just tried it, and it seemed to work.

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=33599

Aloha,

Brad