Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

Okay' date=' Hamilton, no offence intended (seriously) but was that meant to be in purple? [/quote']

Ermmm... no. Haven't you ever heard Pet Sounds? It's gorgeous, like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is gorgeous.

Hear, hear!

You speak the truth my good friend.

Tim

Okay' date=' Hamilton, no offence intended (seriously) but was that meant to be in purple? [/quote']

Ermmm... no. Haven't you ever heard Pet Sounds? It's gorgeous, like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is gorgeous.

Hear, hear!

Apparently I should give that album a listen. I'd never really considered the Beach Boys worthy of any attention before, but based on such well-respected opinions; I'd better give the album a chance.

i haven't been listening to tons of new music lately...

but i haven't stopped listening to Prairie Wind since i bought it.

diggin; on the Prairie Wind eh?

I keep going back and forth on it, I can't seem to make up my mind whether it is merely good, brilliant, or a relatively poor effort with two or three stand out tracks that really raise the level of the album as a whole.

I think "It's a Dream", "Falling Off The Face Of The Earth", "When God Made Me" and "This Old Guitar" are brilliant, ESPECIALLY "It's A Dream".

I think "He Was The King" and "Here For You" are not so good.

The title track, "Far From Home" and "No Wonder" I think are interesting, but flawed.

"The Painter" is pleasant but forgettable.

I understand he wrote the album in a week and recorded it as the songs came. In retrospect I have to wonder whether a little more time and thought might have fixed up some of those tunes.

However, I like the sound of the album so I can't seem to make up my mind about it.

Today, I think it's ok. Tomorrow I may think it's the best thing he's done in years. Come Sunday, I might not be so keen on it.

I dunno.

I've been studying, so a wide array of sounds has accompanied my procrastination...

1. The New Deal - Gone Gone Gone

2. Jazz Mandolin Project - Xenoblast

3. Phish - 7.25.93 - Disc 2

4. Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me

5. The Boy Least Likely To - Best Party Ever

6. The Ride Theory - In This City

7. Paul Simon - 5.4.00 - Disc 3

Beck, Mellow Gold..usually skipping track 1.

Beck, Odelay

Ween, Shinola

Ween, White Pepper

Ween, Quebec

...Beck and Ween remind me ALOT of one another.

The Dirt Bombs, Ultra-Glide In Black(awesome)

GTB, Flies

DJ Dan(I dunno know..)

Sisters Euclid, Orbit set 1- 8/22/05

Perfect Circle, eMOTIVE...neat album.

The 4th annual moe.down, disc 1.

Edited by Guest

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Howl

- this the third release from San Francisco based drone rockers BRMC. This is a dramatic change from their previous releases, it is mainly acoustic based country/grass roots.

- very mellow and relaxing album to listen to

Hear, hear!

Apparently I should give that album a listen. I'd never really considered the Beach Boys worthy of any attention before, but based on such well-respected opinions; I'd better give the album a chance.

Wise decision, my friend. I'm not kidding about the Beatles comparison, either - Paul McCartney is on record as saying that Pet Sounds was his main influence for Sgt. Peppers. And, if you're wondering, there aren't any songs about surfing on it.

Currently listening to: Bruce Cockburn, In The Falling Dark.