Jambands.ca

THANK YOU GMP PROMOTIONS! YOU ROCK!

MarcO

Great, now I am receiving e-mails from GMP Promotions regarding Soulive and Michael Franti shows. Last month it was for some fucking tribute to Sublime.

I don't recall ever signing up to be on their mailing list. Where did they get my e-mail from?

Haven't we been through this before around here?

anybody else receiving these unsolicited e-mails?

welcome to the world of penile dysfunctions, shady stock advice and online pharamaceutical companies, GMP. Leave me the fuck alone.

Edited by Guest
my e-mail address is not for you to exploit bitches!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha, i just signed on to bitch about this same thing.

if i want to be on your freaking mailing list, i will sign up for your freaking mailing list. sending me unsolicited announcements about your shows instantly changes my indifferent/not really caring one way or the other about your shows attitude to a vehement i am definitely NOT going to come now.

didn't backbacon start a thread about this awhile ago, too?

(one of the) fastest way(s) to seriously annoy / piss people on here off is to troll this site for emails to add to your mailing lists....

I figure they got my email from my trade list (I've since removed it because of this stuff) since I didnt remember signing up on any mailing list.Although, since I only check that email once or twice every two weeks, it doesn't bother me all that much I guess.

I was getting the emails to another address (used for family & friends only) but just used the 'contact us' link in the email and requested to be removed, so far no more emails have arrived to that address.

Nice thing about gmail is I hit one button and it gives me all the info, right down to it being mailed from a Toshiba laptop.

I XXX'd the IP address.

Delivered-To: esau13XXXXXX

Received: by 10.11.98.53 with SMTP id v53cs12840cwb;

Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:10:53 -0800 (PST)

Received: by 10.65.240.7 with SMTP id s7mr2841239qbr;

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:10:44 -0800 (PST)

Return-Path:

Received: from tomts16-srv.bellnexxia.net (tomts16-srv.bellnexxia.net [209.226.XXX.X])

by mx.gmail.com with ESMTP id d2si1182549qbc.2005.11.04.16.10.39;

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:10:44 -0800 (PST)

Received-SPF: neutral (gmail.com: 209.226.XXX.X is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of newsletter@gmpconcerts.com)

Received: from ToshibaLaptop ([69.158.35.XXX])

by tomts16-srv.bellnexxia.net

(InterMail vM.5.01.06.10 201-253-122-130-110-20040306) with SMTP

id <20051105000915.XDOT21026.tomts16-srv.bellnexxia.net@ToshibaLaptop>;

Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:09:15 -0500

Guest Low Roller
It's a long drive from Moncton, but thanks for letting me know about all those Toronto shows.

You think you have distance issues? I get them as well and I'm not even on the same continent!!

Thankfully I can set my spam filter to intercept and liquify any future e-mail from GIMP Productions. They join the elite ranks of such such notables as Princes of African Countries who need money laundered for them.

I understand folks not being happy that their email address has been plucked off the board or somwhere else, every right to be in my opinion, but have ya'll tried emailing a request to be removed? Takes as much time as posting here, worked for me.

They join the elite ranks of such such notables as Princes of African Countries who need money laundered for them.

You mean that's a scam?

Fer fucks sake. I've been had.

AD

hahaha.. I actually ended up corresponding with one of these people when they first started trying this one.. (1999?/2000?) He was starting to ask for my homenumber and address and I obviousy chickened out.

as per GNP, I get the emails at my gmail account, which is the one I have on my account here, so I guess they're just plucking from profiles.