Jambands.ca

THANK YOU GMP PROMOTIONS! YOU ROCK!

MarcO

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need an internet promo ethics review that is posted in a permanent fashion somewhere around here.

Maybe even try to get it in the View, Eye, or Echo magazines.

A Lot of the time I think there is little to no malice when it comes to these things, but the pain in the ass lingers.

Who hasn't sent a mass email and instead of BCC'ng they CC'd the entire world 100 of their closest friends email addresses?

it's so true guigsy, haha! But honestly, I'd rather be wasting time on jambands, discussing things with all these great minds, then to have to wait for a promotional email to open for a show I don't even want to see.

heheh... same here - i erased the email when i saw the senders name and subject - i had already gotten rid of my tickets anyways.

Who hasn't sent a mass email and instead of BCC'ng they CC'd the entire world 100 of their closest friends email addresses?

well i havnt' date=' but i know some who have hahaha[/quote']

Ayyyy I was a young internet pup and learned my lesson...some people (GRANDMA!!!) haven't learned this yet!!!!!

Esau - I totally understand what you're saying, emailing the promoters would get us taken off the mailing list - no problem. But I think an open discussion on this board will bring even more awareness to these promoters.

It's an even harder lesson to learn... with the issue being out in the open on a public forum, I'm sure he'll want to change his ways a lot quicker.

And like Backbacon has expressed... these emails that we are recieving are HUGE! For some, it would actually take less time to come here to rant, then to respond to the email.

I understand the open discussion and all but with his email address being public a person wouldn't have to wait for a load time of GMP emails to request to be removed from the list.

If its peoples unlisted emails (as it was with mine) that are being used, then perhaps its someone else who shared an email list with him, in turn making this lynch mob somewhat misdirected.

I would be disappointed to see Marky stop posting his upcoming shows here, especially since he does bring alot of great bands to the area.

I would be disappointed to see Marky stop posting his upcoming shows here, especially since he does bring alot of great bands to the area.

I agree, Esau. I don't think anyone's asking him to be booted off the board. I'm sure lots of people are interested in his threads and enjoy his efforts. Hopefully he'll read this entire thread and understand that.

Esau - I totally understand what you're saying' date=' emailing the promoters would get us taken off the mailing list - no problem. But I think an open discussion on this board will bring even more awareness to these promoters.

It's an even harder lesson to learn... with the issue being out in the open on a public forum, I'm sure he'll want to change his ways a lot quicker.

And like Backbacon has expressed... these emails that we are recieving are HUGE! For some, it would actually take less time to come here to rant, then to respond to the email. [/quote']

I understand the open discussion and all but with his email address being public a person wouldn't have to wait for a load time of GMP emails to request to be removed from the list.

If its peoples unlisted emails (as it was with mine) that are being used, then perhaps its someone else who shared an email list with him, in turn making this lynch mob somewhat misdirected.

I don't support your use of the term "lynch mob".

the only beef i have with this assclown is that he pilfers ppls emails and then spams them.

im sure he brings good shows to town, and that rocks!

but he cant do business like this.

BTW this isnt the first bad thing ive heard about marky either, but, i dont personally know him or have even met him so who am i to say

I agree... no way to do buisness... and hope he learns, he's a good guy, just clearly has his blinders on with some issues.

• 4 months later...

Jesus Christ. I just got another fucking e-mail from GMP - this time some promo for free tickets.

I have written back to them *at least* twice asking to be taken off their list.

I guess the truth is that writing back won't stop the spam. Why even bother writing back today?

[color:purple]Great job you're doing there, GMP. Great fucking job!

good fucking grief. }:(

I love the last question of the most recent e-mail:

If GMP Productions had a mailing list, I would read their e-mails for up coming concert dates? Yes___ No___

Gee, I guess they don't have a mailing list, which is why there's no way to unsubscribe from it, because it doesn't exist.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Am I the only one who gets junk mail? All the crap I don't wanna read goes straight into my junk mail folder and it deletes itself after a few days. Now, I've only been a high school graduate for a few hours now but I know it's not that hard to use the junk mail filter on my email.

i really can't see how any emails offer stress, really. just click delete. the amount of negative energy pumped into this thread kind of leaves me baffled.

i don't really care what comes into my inbox and i get around 500 emails a day to sift through!