Jambands.ca

Can men and women be just friends?

Magnum

Do you all think that men and women who are both reasonable attractive can be just friends?

I personally don't think so, or at least without a lot of hardship and understanding on both ends. I think that men and women can be just friends if one or the aren't attractive.

I mean all day long all I get on the beach is "Oh Magnum can I comb your mane of chest hair" and I'm like; "Look Agatha your Higgins squeeze and we're just pals, get off my jock!"

I think you know what I mean we've all had situation where you dig a girl (or guy if you a lady or swing that way) and she puts you in the "friend zone" then is shocked when you back away so you're not hurt. Why don't they get it when men become friends with attractive females they hope it will develop into more, as intimate friends is the recipe for real love. It's called emotional investment. It makes morte sense to date a friend than a stranger. You already know the friend care about you and not just your ass, and you know them better

Wow...Magnum's getting all emotional now. Too many long neck Michelob's...

I open this for your discussion....Skanks?

Edited by Guest

Exactly...let me rephrase: "Can men and women be just friends with those they find attractive?"

To answer Alexis' point, brothers, sisters and family memebers are hopefully not sexually attractive to other family members..so they are excluded. Except if you live in the rural southern US...then it's game on.

Edited by Guest

i'm going to be the best "man" at my friend don's wedding this summer. he's attractive, i'm attractive (if i do say so myself) but we both just realize that we provide each other with one type of friendship that doesn't include sex. i also have friends that i do find attractive and that i would have sex with but i still don't want a boyfriend girlfriend thing with them. it's just realizing what you want and remaining focused on that.

okay...what's your question exactly? Can men and women, who find each other attractive, work on establishing a friendship and keep things from getting messed up through drunk and regret-in-the-morning sex?

YES...but as you say, with some effort. But so often the effort and the friendship IS worth it, and worth much more than a night in the sack is. I mean, once it's done, you often question the sanity of it all and the friendship dissolves.

there's lots of sexual tension people encounter in a day, from feeling attracted to others (available or not) which keeps things interesting, BUT that's why human anatomy ** is so damn great and the sale of sex toys is so damn thriving.

things get too fucked up if you lead with your libido, so my advice, oh-chested-hair-one, is to keep it in check/in yer pants........and, finally, do remember......when a hot chick puts you in the 'friend zone', she may indeed be attracted to you, but she's just following her instinct and common sense to wait and see if something better comes along. ZZZING!!!!

** the jist of this thread is that we're miraculously proportioned beings/creatures who can stimulate ourselves and get ouselves off! Whooo Hoooo, my noodly Master ROCKS!!!

(All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster)

when a hot chick puts you in the 'friend zone', she may indeed be attracted to you, but she's just following her instinct and common sense to wait and see if something better comes along. ZZZING!!!!

Exactly. What you just described is totally cruel, self-centered and incosiderate to the friend. Basically, the woman in that scenario wants her cake and eat it too, at the others emotional expense. Then often when the friend realizes he/she is being used like a dick/snatch in a glass case (break in case of emergency), the y recoil so they are not used and hurt. This is all fine in love and war. What is not fine is when the firend that was stringing the other along until something better comes along (and if you really were thier firend would you string them along?), cries that now they miss you and that they have no idea why you're so distant.

That's the problem and that's why men and women that are attracted to each other usually can't be friends without a lot of heartache, effort and communication. The equasion one has to make is all the that emotion and energy worth it, when you could be investing it in someone that really does care for you and does not treat you like a puppet in thier little play.

Phewwww! That was a doosey of a post...Thank god I'm only a fictional Hawaiin P.I. with a hot car and a huge package or I might be depressed.

B00014UKHS.01-A34C779HFXZIXT._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks for all the good response in this here discussion. s

I have a few close guy friends and I think all of them are attractive...I've even had crushes on some of my guy friends, maybe they've had crushes on me too.. but there's a huge difference between a crush and more than that. I think it depends on the people because some people can't just be friends if they're really attracted to eachother. . . but it's not like every single guy/girl you meet you fall for! I really value my close guy friends and I have never actually had one of those 'slips' that people talk about...

Anyone heard the song 'thin line' by Jurassic5?

I think it's a really great song because even when 2 people are attracted to eachother doesn't always mean they can't be friends...

wow I've really rambled on here :D hahaha

:):o;):o