Jambands.ca

tom petty - molson amp. sept. 8th

fluffhead77

I can't remember when the last one was. Last time I saw him was at Maple Leaf Gardens. Was the tour where he had a massive tree prop on stage. I think that was 1995. He has played the Molson Amph since then though.

Petty puts on a great show. Well worth it IMHO. Go and see why Trey was so excited to open for him this year :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

wow that's tight.....decisions, decisions???

Feat?? or Petty???

I haven't seen Petty since the last time at the Amphitheatre in 2000 and it was incredible..

And I've seen the Feat a few times now in the last couple of years....

what to do??

I have always loved Tom Petty...he has his own style, crafts a pretty damn good tune and just does his own damn thing...

Looking forward to this one...hey Punk, get yer ass up here for this!!!

I damn well wish I could. You know I still play the shit out of Echo, She's The One, and the superb, Rick Rubin produced Wildflowers. I consider these three albums to be stellar and not talked about enough. I would love to see the band live.

Edited by Guest

not to put down Feat at all, but look at how many times Petty comes to the region vs. Petty.

I love my Feat (i grew up listening to them .. cool Mom ). Had amazing times when they reunited in '88 - '91 with Craig Fuller on lead vocals. It was uncanny on how close to Lowell he could sound at times. Now I still have a hard time with Shaun Murphy when she takes lead on some of the older stuff. It just sounds "weird" to my ears. They can still play like the best and put on a helluva fun show.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I just saw Tom Petty and Trey Anastasio over the weekend.

Trey was spectacular. Super awesome set. He was on fire and relentless. The crowd gave him a huge standing ovation which was great, he deserved it. I have no doubt that some Tom Petty fan are now Trey fans.

Tom Petty had a great show. He has so many hits, everybody knows all his songs, the crowd was rocking.

Stevie Nicks came out and sang a few tunes and then a few songs later Eddie Vedder came out on stage for some vocal duties. The place was going nuts.

tomtrey.JPG

tomtrey2.JPG

tomtrey3.JPG

tomtrey4.JPG

tomtrey5.JPG

tomtrey6.JPG

Trey Anastasio

July 30 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater

Setlists:

Drifting

Money, Love & Change

Sleep Again

Flock Of Words

Sweet Dreams Melinda

Mr. Completely >

Dragonfly

Tuesday

First Tube

Tom Petty

July 30 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater

Setlists:

LISTEN TO HER HEART

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS

I WON'T BACK DOWN

FREE FALLIN'

SAVING GRACE

MARY JANE

I'M A MAN

OH WELL

HANDLE WITH CARE

Band Intro & Stevie Nicks Intro

STOP DRAGGIN' MY HEART AROUND

I NEED TO KNOW (Stevie)

THE WAITING (Eddie Vedder) SQUARE ONE

INSIDER

LEARNING TO FLY

DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE

REFUGEE

RUNNIN' DOWN A DREAM

Encore

YOU WRECK ME

MYSTIC EYES

AMERICAN GIRL (w/ Stevie & Eddie)

4.gif

seriously. who the fuck is opening...that's my decision if i go

yea me 2, although Ill prolly go anyway because there is nothing wrong with live music while dancing on the lawns of the ampitheatre with a 10 dollar beer in my hand.

although i would like to know who is opening, hopefully someone good...petty lately seems to have awsome openers.