Jambands.ca

Groundhog Fest (Kitchener) Feb. 2 and 3

MamaPink

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowzie wow wow ... huge numbers out last night ... apologies to anyone who couldn't get in, or who got in but felt too packed in ... we knew it was going to be busy, but we had no idea just how busy!

King Roller brought out lots of people and put on a great show ... it was very well received.

The Fatties with Tyler on keys and Ricky Neu behind the kit took a little while to get cooking, but when they did, there was no stopping them ... and no stopping this happy dancer. :) Man oh man I love the Fatties!

Undoubtedly there will be lots more fun tonight, and with both floors going, plenty of room to move and groove. Looking forward to round two!

Peace, Mark

Loads of fun last night. Thanks to Mark and others for their hard work behind the scenes making it all come together so nicely.

Fatties were very loose, a bit ragged and jammin hard. Lots of covers as Ricky was not as comfortable with the originals and was being coached through a fair number of songs. Given that I think this was his first time on the kit with the Fatties he did a great job. Tyler has not stopped playing since he left the band and it showed. His chops were amazing, escpecially once the organ decided it would start working towards the end.

Add to this lots of smiling faces from years gone by and it was fantastic night.

Cheers

Deeps looks handsome with his new hair, don't yah think?!

Handsome isn't the first word that came to my mind. Poor Evans; thought she was getting hitched with a cool, long-haired musician type and ends up with a computer nerd. ;-) At least he's still cool. (Just joking Deeps - us computer nerds are allowed to poke fun at each other right?)

We just got back a little while ago, and are still savouring the time we were able to spend getting back in touch with all the SoOn folks this weekend. Most of Friday night was missed (though the Fatties were predicatably rivetting), but Saturday was a blast. It's such a treat for me not only to get back into the Mouse pocket, but to have done so with Ricky and Colin in the lineup as well; being able to take in Madgrass (with Diesel Dog's Ricky and Ryan, to my happy surprise!), Dave Lauzon (in whose music I could lose myself for hours), What the Thunder Said (brilliant - and Kae Sun added a wonderful dimension), and Friends of Hefner (these folks always strike gold)... bah, want more!!

Again, great, as always, to touch base with everybody :) - been too long with many of you.

I brought some liquor into the bar!! (yeah it was really silly...I guess I let my fiesty-ness/drunkeness take over...)

I was really sad! And she pushed me all the way out and told me she'd call the cops if I came back in...!

and Willy... thank you!! *blush*

And... I am really sorry if I caused any trouble at all for anyone who organized this cause that was definatly not my intention..

I brought some liquor into the bar!! (yeah it was really silly...I guess I let my fiesty-ness/drunkeness take over...)

I was really sad! And she pushed me all the way out and told me she'd call the cops if I came back in...!

and Willy... thank you!! *blush*

And... I am really sorry if I caused any trouble at all for anyone who organized this cause that was definatly not my intention..

Sorry to hear that you got kicked out Sarahbelle. If somebody had predicted who might get kicked out of a show at the Lanc, you'd be pretty much the last person on my list of guesses! :) No trouble caused on this end, other than not having your smiling face around for the whole show.

Dr. Evil, thanks for making the journey down the 401 to play at this show. It is always a treat to play with you and the rest of the mice. Adding Ricky and Colin to the mix made it even more fun.

Lots of people thanked me for putting on this show. I very much appreciate the kind words. Having said that, it was very much a team effort, with Schwa., Jay and MamaPink all contributing equally to the organization and running of the show, and with backbacon helping out with promotion. Not to mention all of the help from the bands, and from friends who helped out by hosting people, moving sound gear and lighting, etc. Definitely a team effort!

Looking forward to the next time ... DIESEL DOG CD RELEASE PARTY at the Lanc on Saturday April 7th, followed by another one on Friday the 13th at Pepper Jack's.

Peace, Mark

Howdy folks. Glad to hear that Saturday night was also loads of fun. Quite dissapointed that we had to miss that night of mayhem, but a good friend of ours turned forty, so we were spending our time with him celebrating.

As for Friday... what a night. THe place was bloody packed! Totally exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a crowd, but holy nelly. I was pleasantly surprised by King ROller. They were great. Well chosen covers that you don't get to hear very often. They had the place shakin from the get-go.

I echo Laurie's sentiments. Such a great night of dancing, and carrying on. Such a rare treat to get to see TYler play with the rest of the boys.... It was too bad that the organ was a little "frozen" at the beginning, but once those keys warmed up I couldn't have asked for much more. In fact I was enjoying myself so much that it slipped my mind that the beginning was off to a slow start. I could see how happy Todd was having Big Red by his side again.

And Ricky? He is a total lifesaver. After an unfortunate miscommunication which left Adam the drummer under the impression that the gig was the following night, the boys were left momentariliy scrambling. Ricky filled in, and he did a great job. Again after a little coaching at the beginning he fell right into place. What a shaker!

So great to see all the usual suspects, and the special treat of seeing a bunch of folks from the old La Luna days... Ah sweet nostalgia!

Thanks to all of the folks who had a hand in putting this on. And thanks to Jay and Mama Pink for hosting us afterwards.

Diesel Dog on Friday the 13th? Now that's something to look forward to!

its funny.. everytime i go to these shows i have every intention to meet people- maybe figure out who some of you are- but then the music starts.. and.. well.. i end up getting totally enthralled by the music and dance the night away..

at the same time, its great to be able to go up front and recognise so many people up there..

thanx for the fantastic night guys

woohoo...such good times all weekend.

A huge thank you to Jay, mamapink, schwa, and Mark for all your efforts...and of course to everyone who made the music! I've got a crapload of pics and video just need to get around to uploading it all. Don't hold your breath though I'm slow.

Sarahbelle - sorry you had trouble on Saturday booooo.