Jambands.ca

Groundhog Fest (Kitchener) Feb. 2 and 3

MamaPink

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brad, try the Victoria Motel or the Mayflower Motel, both on victoria st in kitchener. they're pretty cheap...65 and 80/night and then there is the destination inn and waterloo inn which run 150 per night.

didn't really get enough interest to get a reduced rate but hope that helps ya a bit.

Thanks, Schwa., jonyak and I are in at the Victoria. MapQuest says it's about 3 miles to the Lanc, which I figure is an easy/cheap cab ride.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Just had some Madgrass on today (courtesy of Babsy from last year - thanks! :) ) - great stuff.

Oh shit, I didn't mean to give you false hope there Dr E.M. That was just a CD I made and put that name on it to go along with it. They actually got their name from said CD (they don't play on it though).

That said, I think you'll really like them!

Hey Brad and Keri - a recording downstairs would be great; mics will be needed; load-in will start at 7:30 upstairs on Sat. night, well before that downstairs

Hey Babsy - no Heisholt as far as I know, but Rich Halley will be playing keys with them. Having said that, we can always hope for Heisholt as well so we have 2 keyboard players!

Peace, Mark

Just had some Madgrass on today (courtesy of Babsy from last year - thanks! :) ) - great stuff.

Oh shit' date=' I didn't mean to give you false hope there Dr E.M. That was just a CD I made and put that name on it to go along with it. They actually got their name from said CD (they don't play on it though).

That said, I think you'll really like them![/quote']

:D - I didn't recognise the stuff at the beginning, so made the logical jump. By the time "they" started completely nailing the version of Long Black Veil just like the Band, I started thinking you were filling up the disc (and then afterwards, there aren't many people outside of DSO who can so perfectly get Jerry's voice :) ).

Thanks to all who are putting in the effort to record this. Last year the sound was awesome!! I know this was mentioned at the start of this thread, but having Tyler Gibson back with the Fatties for this one show makes it extra special for all those who were out to shows in the 90's. Thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers

Hey Brad and Keri - a recording downstairs would be great; mics will be needed; load-in will start at 7:30 upstairs on Sat. night, well before that downstairs

So will I be able to get in around that time (7:30pm - 8:00pm)? (What's the official opening time for the doors?)

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Brad and Keri - a recording downstairs would be great; mics will be needed; load-in will start at 7:30 upstairs on Sat. night' date=' well before that downstairs

[/quote']

So will I be able to get in around that time (7:30pm - 8:00pm)? (What's the official opening time for the doors?)

Aloha,

Brad

Yes, you'll be able to get in at that time Brad. The official door opening time for downstairs is at 7:30 on Saturday, although anyone showing up earlier will be able to get in downstairs. The official door opening time for upstairs is "as soon as sound check is done." No worries if you want to head upstairs before it is "officially opened" to set up your gear.

On another note ... I am stoked for this weekend! Both nights are shaping up very nicely!

Peace, Mark