Jambands.ca

Groundhog Fest (Kitchener) Feb. 2 and 3

MamaPink

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a heap for the pics, tilt. You're getting a lot of mileage out of that new camera, I see. As an aside I spoke with Mike the owner of the place late on saturday (early Sunday) and he just loves this crowd and all the fun we have with our good friends and goood music. He's been a very accommodating guy over the years for any of the mini festivals and shows that happen. Next time your in the Lanc, if you see a big guy in his mid fifties,with a happy face, leather jacket and a LARGE glass of red wine, tell him thanks as well!

Thanks again to everyone who helped put it together, mixed it up and made it taste soooo good! So, next weekend all over again,right?

a few things i found that were left behind when i picked up my kit at the lanc on sunday.

a harmonica and holster

Hey Ricky - these belong to Boss. I'll grab 'em from you at some point!

Great job all weekend Ricky - sat in with 3 bands eh!?!? Fatties, Harvard Mouse and Madgrass - what a musician!

Great time this weekend! Thanks to the organizers for putting this on - AWESOME!!

just uploaded my pics here

Thanks for these Karin ... especially for the "Tonin armpit shot." :) Glad you and James arrived home safely after your 5 day bender in KW!

I posted more Groundhog Festival pics at http://www.artmastertilt.com/FEST/GHOG.html

Unfortunately, I missed a big hunk of Saturday evening's festivities so this is pretty much just Friday evening + Harvard Mouse...

Great to see you signed on to this board artmastertilt! Thanks for snapping the pics and for the way you've displayed them ... very cool!

Peace, Mark

a few things i found that were left behind when i picked up my kit at the lanc on sunday.

a pedal

a tuner

a harmonica and holster

let me know.

neugroove

is the pedal a ludwig speed king with a broken linkage?

and welcome artmastertilt! you've finally decided to while away more of your free time :)

Edited by Guest

Thanks for an amazing weekend (yes I didn't get home until Tuesday night as well)

Big thanks to everyone who put the shows on. The Fatties were great on Friday, and it was fun to see Hefner and What the Thunder Said on Sat. Both bands have improved SO MUCH since I last got a chance to see them.

I would also like to thank everyone at Herb street (and Tigger and Kieth) for all the fun. I love hanging out in K-Town!!

Killer weekend! thanks gang for all the effort in bringing this together so well. Friday was nuts! Big ups for having ample bar staff... never much of a wait there. Fatties really got things cooking, for sure. King Roller met my expectations and did a great job in bringing out their posse. I look forward to seeing more of them over the years as they develop as a powerful rock band!

Saturday... just a tad bit blurry... I know it was super good times and there were great friends wherever I turned. I managed to catch some of all five bands that played... yay!

Sarahbelle, sucks getting kicked out.. some Lanc woman was giving me the business about my Ultra Cool Mega Dance Moves Napoleon Dynamite Energy Drink that I was enjoying... told her to take a fucking hike! (Actually just politely assured her it was alcohol free.)

Cheers people!

See you on the 7th for Diesel Dog, Lancaster!!

Thanks everyone for coming out to support the weekend. It was a huge success!! The whole weekend was a blurry mess of Fantastic.

The bands rocked and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Couldn't believe the turnout Friday night! Thought the floor might cave in at one point.

So nice to finally meet a couple people from this board and match up some names with faces (Ed-ger... haha!! and Deeps the III - bring back the roman numerals!!!)

Up next... DDog at the Lanc, woohoo!!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out to support the weekend. It was a huge success!! The whole weekend was a blurry mess of Fantastic.

The bands rocked and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Couldn't believe the turnout Friday night! Thought the floor might cave in at one point.

So nice to finally meet a couple people from this board and match up some names with faces (Ed-ger... haha!! and Deeps the III - bring back the roman numerals!!!)

Up next... DDog at the Lanc, woohoo!!!!

Nice to meet you too sister. Thanks for hosting us and feeding us tasty booze.

You also met Evans (my Sara) BTW. She's new but definitely on the board wagon.

See you next year?

Deeps

Nice to meet you too sister. Thanks for hosting us and feeding us tasty booze.

You also met Evans (my Sara) BTW. She's new but definitely on the board wagon.

See you next year?

Deeps

Actually, if you wanna get all technical, I met Sara awhile ago at a Fantasia party!!! But it was oh so nice to see her again :)

Tasty booze, indeed. Maybe a little too tasty? Must have had atleast 9 of those shots... Woke up and felt so rotten. It was worth it though!

Next year for sure!!!!!