Jambands.ca

Please help me welcome Genevieve to the board.

StoneMtn

I am honoured and proud to welcome a new member to The Sanctuary.

Genevieve is new to Ottawa and new to the jam-scene. She came with Lassie and me to see nero. at these reunion shows, and I think she's hooked. She was already a huge lover of live music. She plans to come out and see some more shows in this scene in Ottawa; probably JSB, Wassabi, and maybe the Golden Dogs.

Many of you met Genevieve this weekend, and for those of you who did not, I expect you will meet her here on the board.

Now, help me welcome Genevieve, as only The Skank can. I need you guys to take good care of her in Ottawa for me...

Shameless as it is, Genevieve, go to Deeps' link. What The Thunder Said (WTTS) is among my favourite newcomers to this scene. I must have listened to their CD a hundred times. I'm even thinking of breaking with tradition in order to see them play in Toronto in the middle of this week; almost unheard of behaviour by me these days in my lame-old-age.

Oh, and as an aside, Deeps, himself, rocks for so many other reasons.

Welcome, G! You'll love it here, particularly if you're prone to watching the hours slip away from you ;) . My post count should serve as a cautionary example.

(And StoneMtn - us too! Velvet among others was watching to introduce us whenever possible, but it wasn't to be this time - it's always a problem for me to meet people when I spend whole nights dancing my face off a foot from the stage).

welcome aboard!

check the calendar for most shows coming up in ottawa.

zaphods has live music most nights, as does the rainbow, and avant-garde. I think Mavericks does 3 or 4 nights a week, but their usual fare isn't the regular stuff for most on this board. babylon has regular shows as well.

if you're downtown you'll most likely have heard of all these places, but if you're in the suburbs it might be a bit more difficult.

anyways, enjoy yourself here!

One more thing...should i know of any other venues that hold great music in Ottawa?

The main ones as far as I'm concerned are:

I rely on Ottawa XPress, a free weekly entertainment newspaper (which comes out on Thursdays) for a lot of my show info. The paper version has ads from most of the main music venues, and the on-line version has a nice music calendar (including artist and venue info).

If you make it out to JSB, come on up and (re-)introduce yourself; I remember StoneMtn introducing you, but (like a lot of things from the weekend) it didn't really register. (I'll be the guy by the metal poles recording the show.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Added Zaphod; thanks, AD.

Welcome. I'm sure StoneMtn would have introduced me to you, if only he recongnized me ;)

Man. I'm mad I didn't get to meet him either. Guigsy was going to point him out after setbreak, and then my "medication" kicked in, and then the sun was coming up.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Rule 23. Use [color:purple]purple font when you are being sarcastic.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Rule 23. Use [color:purple]purple font when you are being sarcastic.

or don't, and watch the interesting carnage ensue.

Rule 26 (aka schwa.'s rule) publicly quit the board in a huff every few weeks or so, just to stir things up. Or see my first suggestion.

ps....is Booche always this nice to newbies? I don't think I ever got any of that love. Surly Booche is all I know

*sniff* *sniff*