Jambands.ca

Name a useless fact about yourself

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out that I work with a guy who used to be in Helix.

Ok now' date=' this it too funny. I thought about posting this a while a go, but never got around too it.

I too work with a guy who used to be in Helix. Or, actually, he was their "lighting technician and sound guy". Because I feigned interest once, hes told me numerous stories and kept me updated as to how they are doing. He even told me a hilarious story of not too long ago when they got their old drummer back, they played one gig and he got stolen away to Europe by Saga's manager.

Then, as if thats not enough Helix in my life, Im in a completely different city at a tiny warehouse picking up some parts for my work when the counter guy smoothly drops the fact that he used to be in Helix. Really, I say. What instrument did you play? To which he replies, almost verbatum to what the other guy said, "oh, I didnt really play an instrument, I was their sound and ligthing guy." No shit, eh? I know this other guy...

One of them is lying...but why?

All this leads me to believe that theres this conspiracy in Southern Ontario between aging sound and lighting guys that allows them to "Helix" people. Cuz really, who would ever call a guy out for being in the band Helix? No one cares enough. Except for me. I will no longer stand for people pretending to have been in a crappy band.

By the way, I was once in the band Moist.

oh, and as Bubbles says, "I aint given no fuckin 'R'"

[/quote']

While I strongly disagree with your comments regarding the quality of Helix's product, any Helix related story is much appreciated.. Although I don't know where those guys get off saying they were IN Helix when they weren't. Helix have always been one of my favourite bands, but I've been unfortunate in catching them live.. Only time I saw them was at the pre-game show at Brian Timmis Stadium before a Ticats Vs. Argos game.

While I strongly disagree with your comments regarding the quality of Helix's product, any Helix related story is much appreciated.. Although I don't know where those guys get off saying they were IN Helix when they weren't. Helix have always been one of my favourite bands, but I've been unfortunate in catching them live.. Only time I saw them was at the pre-game show at Brian Timmis Stadium before a Ticats Vs. Argos game.

Im gonna start taking vocal lessons from their lead singer. Then i will be able to say that, i too, was once in the band Helix.