Jambands.ca

Dr. Evil Mouse Appreciation Thread

StoneMtn

I had never actually met that evil mouse in "real life" before Friday night. I met him (and Calamity Jane) on Friday, though, when the two of them drove all the way from Ottawa in order to play for free at an event being organized by my wife (aka "Lassie") on Saturday morning. The event was a running-race, which was a benefit for physiotherapy research and generally promoting physiotherapy to the public.

This meant little sleep for the mouse before putting on a fantastic little show, with a percussionist from Toronto named Nate.

I felt I should publicly acknowledge this magnanimous gesture. My wife's event would have been a lot less exciting if it had been run in silence, as opposed to the rockin' good-time-music that Evil Mouse and Nate played for us.

Calamity Jane, however, is a whole other story. After she finished her pyramid of tequila shots, and was chased by security out of the men's locker room ... well ... let's just say that things really got wild after that.

Thanks soooooo much for coming out, guys. It was great to meet you and I can't wait to do it again.

SM / Lassie

I also had the pleasure of seeing/hanging with DEM and CJ this weekend. Always enjoy the dancing company, and stimulating conversation (hoping to get a copy of that paper you're working on DEM)...

Also, I was curious whether the doc will be able to make it out to Tig's party this Friday? (Maybe as a little warm-up session to your conference presentation??) You could theoreticaly make the argument that it is work related...

Huge appreciation for Dave Scully on this end. He's an extremely caring, thoughtful and intelligent man who I've been fortunate enough to share many special moments with, musical and otherwise.

And there's no doubt about it, Deb knows how to fire up a party! She was in fine form at the Marcel Memorial show during the draw for door prizes to raise money for the Heart and Sroke foundation. :)

Peace, Mark

I think I should also comment that this thread should really be a DEM/Calamity Jane appreciation thread. CJ made as much effort as DEM to help me out this weekend, apart from actually playing an instrument.

CJ, in case you are wondering, you too are greatly appreciated.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks, everybody! I was about to say you were too kind, but then I saw how that phrase went down in Hux's thread, so I'll just say that you're wonderfully kind ;) .

The one who's especially kind is CJ, who's looking after the kids this week as I'm in KW, seeing my folks, visiting friends, working on a paper for this weekend, and trying to score some work for the summer while school's out.

I couldn't believe it had taken so long to finally meet StoneMtn in real time/space, but I can now safely say that any associations I had between him and Caveman Lawyer have safely been dispelled.