Jambands.ca

Don't give a ride to Cheesehead

Alexis

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and now, my 2 cents.....

having not met, to the best of my hazy knowledge, any of the participants in this kerfuffle, im not going to pass judgement.

however, i wanted to chime in and show the other side of this. we, as a community, do what we can as a whole to help each other out.

Albany 2000. found a ride posted online from Rob (he's registered here, but doesnt post, he might be in the Sanzwill Band) we are friends to this day. Since then, i have become the driver on most of these jaunts, and where possible will help out those who need.

Maine 2003. offered a ride to frescolopez, who i knew before from toronto shows, and to freekerbythespeaker and BradM from ottawa, whom i had never met. Im glad i did. I feel richer for having met these 2, and hope to see them again soon (gonna have to make it to Ottawa soon).

The point of this, i suppose, is you take your chances. I had a great experience picking up random strangers online (that doesnt sound too good, does it?), but it sounds like Alexis did not. you just dont know for sure. Im gonna keep taking my chances, and if i got the room, you got a ride. Just give the respect that is deserved. driving massive distances is a lot of work, as well as a lot of wear and tear on the vehicle. if someone gives me a ride (Rob, Albany 2000) then that person is God to me. Beers and Burritos in the lot 2 for $5, then the driver gets the other one. not saying i expect that if im driving, but i'll getcha back if you are driving me.

Anyway, im rambling, and i need a bowl, so im gonna cut this short.

We get from show to show with the kindness of others. Respect those you travel with, for on the trip they are family. you screw it up, there's no-one to blame but you when you cant get to the next show.

1st off you already said you were leaving and not coming back, then you came back..

and

2nd,, your complaining that people are judging you but look what you are saying! for the people who don't know you that is the only iompression that they get,, after hearing you dis and put down all theses people if i saw them kicking your ass at a show i'd probably throw in a few shots too.. i would never give you a ride or any thing or ever try and b e your friend, just based on the image YOU created for your self on here

I'm way too late for this, so if I say makes any sense, then yea for me.

Firstly, Greg man, that was a gross picture and Steve, nice fish!

Okay, If anyone wants to know, I did help out Josh and I found him a ride to Bonnaroo. It wasn't in my car (as it was full), it was with a friend of mine. Now, he's not a 'head' or a member of this board, but he wasn't the happiest camper w/you too Josh. I thought you were a good dude, but when you and my buddy seem to have enough differences that you refuse a ride home with him, then something is going on.

Hey man, you may not get along with everybody, and normally it isn't my place to pass judgement, but really, don't badmouth people like that on this forum. We're forming one hell of a community with discussions like this.

Now, going on the fact that I did help you out with a ride and my friend was not happy with your attitude, your complaining and the like, I've lost whatever respect I had, because of that and because of the way you seem to be treating other members of this board.

Go to the shows dude in cogneto, but you're wasting your time on the board bro. It's just not worth it to fight about garbage like this. Just leave man. simple as that.

buh-bye!

I didn't make DaveO's list either. I made Schwa's somewhere in there! yeah!

Also, Jstsmkd1- why are buying Blue Light bro? that's scary stuff.

Also, I'm gonna chime in on one last thing, which may shed some light into more of this dramatic post fun we've had.

Okay...

Well, there is a large group of 'jamband' music lovers that come from upper-class, mostly Jewish but not always, caucasion, well-to-do families. I don't mean to stereotype or pigeon-hole, but I grew up in the culture. We learned the music from our counsellors at sleep-over camp, our siblings (my bro to be exact) and so on. Now, I'm friends with tons of these people and I love them with all my heart. I don't care where they come from, what education they have or any of that junk. I'm also friends with many, many people on this board whom I have met. Of all these people (frescolopez, showwhore, misterslippery, cyberhippie, secondtube, sanislo, bouche, backbacon, kung...), I've become pretty good friends with and I enjoy chilling with them any chance I get. I've travelled with people on this board and will continue to.

Now, the reason I'm telling everyone this (even though I'm barely treading water in this rant) is that I come from the exact same culture as Josh. My family is my no means rich, but I've never worried about my next meal. I went to private school for ten years (before being expelled), went to a well-to-do, rich high school (York Mills in Toronto) and have led a privilaged life. I thank the powers that be everyday that I am one of the luckiest people in the world, and the fact that I share this wonderful community with you guys is one reason I get up in the morning.

Now, I'm saying this to ask you to not pigeon-hole these people that you classified Josh under. Sure, there are plenty of 'snobbish', wealthy people, living off their parents funds that share this community with us, but not all of us are bad. I own my own car, pay insurance, pay rent, have two part time jobs and go to school full time, and I surely don't get the help I used to, but I was once in that life and may still be, even though I truly want to end that part of my life.

Well, the moral of my rant is, it's not where you came from, it's who you are. Even though Cheesehead is a dick, he's not a dick because of where he came from or who his family is, he's a dick because deep-down inside, he's a rude, arrogant dick of a person.

stop with the judging guys and let's get to boogieing down instead! Too much good music out there to get mad over a computer about!

cheers, smiles and hugs for everyone on here.

[smile]

(if that made a lick of sense, wonderful. If not, sorry! [smile] )

if cheesehead would stop cryin every time he has a ticket and not a ride or a ride and not a ticket I'll be eternally happy... off the board makes me better

we all have a thumb we can use if needed and we all have the capacity (and need) to do something extra for people who do us favors

its pretty obvious that if someone is helping you get where you need to be that you do everything in your power to make their day beautiful, or at least comfortable... you don't say you can help some way and then back out... these aren't your parents driving you, they're people who work for their money and need to know where they stand when they take a few days to go away... especially with strangers

if you can't hold up your end of things let it be known before everyone starts having to stress and not have a good time

the only thing I know about cheesehead is he/she kept whining about how we were all shits because no one would offer him a ride to tenessee because their cars were full or they couldn't afford to go... he couldn't go and tried to blame a bunch of people he had never met

totally lame and offensive behavior

get off your ass and look after your own shit... either make good friends by being a good friend or carve your own path

don't blame the people busy doin their best to carve their own paths for not babying you

good luck

I am not on the board a whole lot these days. To come on and read this thread is truly disappointing. I try my very best to keep things positive, to look at a possible bright side, to look at the light right, in any strange place. This is just my prelude to my response, after being dragged into something that i have nothing to do with.

This thread contains insults to people based on physical attributes, threats of violence and a whole lot of negativity. Three things that i deplore, and detest. Three things that make me sad. Three things that go against the fibre of my being. In my life i have found shelter from these things in a jamband community. In this community i have met people who supercede today's typical situations and worries while putting their faith and trust in the miracles of love and kindness. These people are inspirational. They change you. They enhance the creativity and build upon the goodness that lays inside of you. This thread is opposite. It does not enhance your faith, but destroys it.

I know cheesehead as i met him at the scherzo one night and he sold me two tickets for winter tour for face value. In thanks my partner and i made him a necklace from this beautiful glass bead we picked up at the show. These exchanges were honest and went well.

As for MoMack and backbacon, thanks for asking to leave me out of this and for your comments.(p.s. what does fwiw stands for?) I hope the both of you are doing well.

Someone in one of the posts i glanced at(as i was tired of all this bs) called me a highschool buddy. I guess they meant by this someone in high school would lack the maturity or wisdom to make life decisions about friends, people etc. Well irrepsective of the implications just so you know I am not in highschool, (i wish i was) and age (my presumed implication) and the other component, formal education, i have found to be quite irrelevant markers for decency.

sorry for the long rant. It's time to dance and love and spread goodness. life is so short let's appreciate this moment, the now, and simply surrender to the flow.

truly nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile,

dancingbear

FWIW = For what it's worth (as in, fwiw, this thread isn't worth it)

That high school buddy remark was by someone who assumed you were a high school buddy of cheesehead, which you're not. You went to high school with me, and I would have like to have cheated off you in Mr. Pivnik's calculus class, but as it is, I had to drop that one. You don't see me holding any grudges though (except against math, which I'm plotting to attack next Tuesday with a spectacular diatribe that will liquidate numbers everywhere).

Good to see you on the boards again dude. What's up on the rock?

Real math doesn't have numbers? What the hell were they trying to teach me all those years? I could have at least known a few words in Greek by now, and I could be living on some Greek Island with my calculator floating away on the ocean. Instead I'm left scratching my head, trying to figure out the difference between that sign and cosign thingy with the thingy.

quote:

Originally posted by larry jr.:

You don't see me holding any grudges though (except against math, which I'm plotting to attack next Tuesday with a spectacular diatribe that will liquidate numbers everywhere).

Real math doesn't have numbers, and Greek letters fight back.

• 3 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

what exactly is a pog?

IIRC, "pog" is a game that involves small (coin-sized) discs* with logos on either side. A group of pogs is placed on the ground, and a player throws another pog down on them; pogs that flip over are claimed by the thrower.

Info can be found here.

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. The above post is in no way intended to be offensive-via-omission to PassedOutGuy.

* Apparently the original pogs were seal/closure discs used on milk bottles in days of yore.

Archived