Jambands.ca

People can be so disgusting.

StoneMtn

Today, I was driving north on a street in Toronto. A group of ducks was crossing the road, with the mother leading about 8 ducklings. The ducks passed my side of the road easily enough and waddled over an island and onto the southbound side. I saw a car coming south, and the driver had to have seen this crowd of ducks, unless his/her eyes were closed. The driver did not swerve, didn't slow down, and I suspect sped up. The car missed the final duckling by an inch (and I am saying that optimistically, because the last duck teetered, but got back up and made it across the road, so I think it was just the wind from the car that did it, as I can't imagine that a duckling could be hit by a tire and then get back up).

I almost did a U-Turn (which I couldn't do, because of the island) and was thinking of what I was going to do to this person when I caught them and made them pull over, and I considered whether I was prepared to be criminally charged as a result of what I was going to do. I was prepared for that, but I then realized that the car had gotten far enough away by the time I reached the end of the island that I couldn't actually tell which car it was anymore.

I am so angry.

I hate people.

im sorry you had to see that. sadly, i see that too. but assholes exist. and everyone knows they are assholes.

karmically, buddy pays for his inconsiderate behaviour by having to live the life he leads now - one filled with thoughts directed at him by complete strangers that he is indeed, an asshole.

If avoidance of an animal can be done safely, it has to be attempted. In this case it sounds like it could have. HOWEVER, sometimes choices have to be made. I have felt sick to my stomach that on two occasions I have had to maintain my path in order to keep my car on the road and passengers safe (once with a squirrel on an onramp, another with a fox in a blizzard up north).

My sister had a good friend who lost his life, and his girlfriend's, because he swerved out of the way of a dog and hit a lamp post :( :( :( And, if the lamp post hadn't been there, they could have taken out a few pedestrians and kids.

It sucks ... it really does. :(

Edited by Guest

you should hear Katlady's story about the duck line in Waterloo, its pretty funny.

She stopped in the middle of traffic to help a line of baby ducks across the road. eventually there was a line of traffic about a good 2 or 3 city blocks at a busy intersection waiting for her and a few samaritans to clear the ducks. many more details, but a feel good ending compared to your story stonemtn.

The other day I saw a woman driving while talking on a cellphone with her left hand and eating noodles with a fork out of a container on the passenger seat with her right hand. Thank god there were no animals (or people) on the road cause there would be no way for her to avoid them.

The other day I saw a woman driving while talking on a cellphone with her left hand and eating noodles with a fork out of a container on the passenger seat with her right hand. Thank god there were no animals (or people) on the road cause there would be no way for her to avoid them.

can,t help but blame the police for that, they have to see to it these dummies pay for using a cell phone while driving some important cant drive without a phone and imagine eating noodles oh wish i was with the law enforcement

2 hands are to be on the wheel at all times 3 or 9 oclock position

I agree people can be disgusting..

i mean just today i read that one person wanted to chase down another person in a vehicle and kick the shit out of them just becuase he ALMOST hit a baby duck.

Wow.

Did I already mention I hate people?

I agree people can be disgusting..

i mean just today i read that one person wanted to chase down another person in a vehicle and kick the shit out of them just becuase he ALMOST hit a baby duck.

Wow.

Did I already mention I hate people?

hey man peace and love.. this hurts..

hahahahahahhaahha..

go join peta or something.. or better you could have gone and helped the ducks get back to water. no you just wanted to post on an internet forum and pretend to be a tough guy..

Edited by Guest

You're a lawyer and presumably believe in probable cause. On the whole I think a reasonable person would avoid the ducks where it was safe to do so. Not to say I disagree with you but it's quite possible they did not see theducks.

I will NEVER forget being behind a car that ran over a cat as a little kid. The cat was injured and in shock and died right there, and it was horrible. The only thing more horrible was the reaction of the driver who hit the cat, as she fainted, and came to, and started crying, and then fainted again. It was shocking for everyone involved and though I can be a crusty old coot at times I like to think that most of humanity is good.

i hit a turkey vulture once on a narrow gravel backroad. it was a massive bird and i thought, 'of course it's going to move, it's going to move, i'm in a car, it sees me, i'm loud, it'll move BANG' and the thing was pooched. i couldn't have swerved, just could have stopped but even then i might have lost control. turkey vultures are massive and ugly. it was eating roadkill when i hit it. i guess another vulture got a good meal because of me?

i felt really bad. it was my first week with a driver's licence. still haven't forgotten about it.

A group of vultures is typically called a "venue," while vultures circling in the air are a "kettle."