Skank Input re: Hotel Experiences

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comfy bed and pillows

The key thing here is to be clear about what "comfy" actually means. When I was in Vegas in 2005, I stayed at the Paris hotel, and the pillows were, well, too soft. It was kind of like laying your head down on a sealed plastic bag filled with whipped cream; they provided no support of any kind. I asked for firmer pillows, and they didn't have any; I got a couple of extra too-soft ones, and it helped, but it still wasn't what I wanted. (I heard somewhere that around 40% of business travellers bring their own pillows on trips, and I now know why.)

Aloha,

Brad

I imagine Bradm likes rooms where I'm not sleeping (snoring) on the floor. ( Slip - Montreal 200l I think) ;)

I think it was November, 2002, and it can't hold a candle to the Red Roof Inn (Albany) Memorial Snorechestra performance of earlier that year (IIRC) - ask LJFH. ;)

Aloha,

Brad

This is my favourite hotel in Vancouver. Among other things, it's been semi-overhauled three times in about a hundred years, but they leave the old stuff and add new, so it's a trip to walk around. Also, the floors seem to have buckled in the hallways, or they are intentionally weird up and down ramps. Either way ... freaky.

It's really well located too. I love this place.

http://www.sylviahotel.com/

Holiday Inn - Auburn Hills Michigan!

Best hotel experience ever!

Nov 2003:

Pool open ALL NIGHT! Drinking allowed, smoking, cannonballs in the hot tub! Made for an incredible post The Other Ones pool party! The staff was so chill.. if you were smoking, bam, tin ash tray, at your service. Drinkingn from a bottle? No problem, here's a cup for you to pour that into.

Our room was on the second floor, right next to the stair case, which was the back entrance to the pool area.. that was sure handy!

I forgot a bunch of clothes down at the pool and they had them for me at the desk at check out!

I bet someone else has alrady posted about this place by now..

yep, definitely the best time i ever had in a hotel! that was the night cargo past out on the toilet right? hahahaha!!! i've have gotta and try find the pictures from that night.

it was a great Other Ones show! Robert Hunter played the set break, susan tedeshi sang with them, sigh, what a night!!!

-if there is more than 1 adult staying in the room, more than 1 bathrobe!

-i agree with the late checkout & the NICE bath products.

-front desk people that are NICE and not snotty & totally unhelpful.

-playing cards. either in the room or available at the front desk.

-not just a coffee maker, but a kettle and tea in the room

I had a wonderful experience at the Sheraton in Hull last june.

Right from the start of making reservations i was so impressed.

While walking through the front doors I knew right away how happy I'd be here.

They were so kind and helpful at check in time.

Then to our room.It was wonderful,clean,and the first place i go before I do anything is to the bathroom.It was very shiny and clean and they had wonderful lotions ,soap and shampoos.

The beds were clean and so comfortable another plus.

So on our last day I wanted to stay until 1 because i was taking a bus at 2.That was no problem at all and they were so kind about it.

So at check out which was an hour late they even called a cab and took our bags out to the cab.

I'd go back there anytime!!!

Also the Delta in Montreal last MAy was wonderful.I had nothing to do with reservations or check out so I can't comment there.

The room was very clean and had a coffe pot for tea or coffee in the AM.

The bathroom was wonderful too with more smelly lotions and soaps!!!!!

Was a Dark New Years Eve at the Collonial Inn- Saint John New Brunswick, snuck dozens of people in and had 2 rooms side by side, Too much booze followed by a couple brawls and Hotel Staff saying they wouldnt do anything we would have to call the cops hahah Lots of dancing and elevator romances haha

what year was this? I'm sure i was at this one haha. I must know you?