Jambands.ca

I'm (kind of) in the Trews now

ersh

They've brought me on to play auxilary keys, guitar and vocals. They're about to release a new CD with lots of organ on it, and have always had some on their recordings. I've been rehearsing with them the last few days, and it's going pretty good - they're definately a loud rock n roll band. I like it.

On a side note.... I love the RECENT VIDEOS on the side now. Handy.

<----------------------------

Cool Trews News! I just went for a little Trew search on youtube and found a bunch of cool covers. Looks like you've found a nice rocking place to sit and play. They love The Band eh? I found a couple of The Band covers. I like there interpretation of Baby Don't Do It.

You'll notice the link on that new side panel that you kindly pointed out.

From my work perspective, The Trews are one of the only harder-edged rock bands of substance that MuchMusic plays on a regular basis. There's hope yet for this world.

that says a lot more about MuchMusic than The Trews.

Sounds like a good career move for you, 'ersh. All the best. I hope you can make The Trews sound better.

From my work perspective' date=' The Trews are one of the only harder-edged rock bands of substance that MuchMusic plays on a regular basis. There's hope yet for this world. [/quote']

that says a lot more about MuchMusic than The Trews.

That was what I was trying to imply. CanCon has something to do with their video airplay, but rock is making a commercial comeback thanks to indie rock, so I'm not totally shocked The Trews get some run on Much and MuchMore.

after they moved from the coast, they had a weekly gig here in Hamilton at Mermaid's for a year before their popularity took off... nice bunch o dudes, an honest talent... was suprised how much a young band could blow me away with cover tunes... they would throw their own stuff in between covers and we'd say "who's that by? sounds great." and then find out it was their own... could tell they were headin the right direction from the get go

say hi to the bass player and the singer from long red ponytail and glasses jamie in hamilton if ya think of it

and kudos!

I have a couple friends that grew up in Antigonish county who fondly remember seeing these guys in their very, very early days (called One Eyed Trouser or something like that?). Apparently they did some Phish covers back in the day.

I thought that Evolve set was particularly bad, BradM. But that's a fantastic gig Jeff! Congrats, man.