Jambands.ca

Albert Hoffman R.I.P.

fluffhead77

I'm sure many of you did not know Albert, but you were definitely affected by his work.

This is the man that first synthesized LSD many moons ago. Thank you Albert for your contribution to science and allowing me to understand the inner workings of the universe.

I'm sure everyone here has a good story involving the fruits of Mr. Hoffman's labours, I'll start with mine.

So a friend and I were driving back from a show in Rochester and we'd imbibed a few "hoffmans"... well long story short the driver(let's for arguments sake call him, oh say, Jason) tried to hand the border guard change for the toll to cross the bridge.

HIGH-larious!

Unfortunately from what I've read the old man wasn't into enjoying the fruits of his labor... and didn't really think that was the best use for it either... R.I.P. nonetheless.

Hoffman was interviewed on CNN on his 100th birthday and reflected that it was a shame LSD was first over-popularized and subsequently over-demonized... said he felt doses had enormous potential for humankind and would one day help us reach a new stage in our evolution... aside from all that was sharp as a whip and looking great for someone 100 years old

a heartfelt thanks Albert... was some fancy work that day in the lab

I remember being up on the lawn at Kingswood in '87. Had picked up some silver star blotters from a kid from Cali in the lot. WTF, only $2 a pop! I remember waiting to drop and didn't get the effects until between sets. The concrete "anchors" for the cables of the tent at Kingswood were bubbling and turning to liquid (i didn't care if the tent fell down, i was on the outside ) I remember turning to my buddy Earl (on his first trip) and looking at him KNEW we were ready for takeoff. The techs were on stage just before the 2nd set started and were making some weird noises. We stood up and yelled "SPACE". About 100 people around us then got up and started cheering and hollering. We quickly realized it wasn't SPACE and sat down laughing our asses off. Then they ripped into that killer Scarlet>Fire and my life was never the same :)

Scarlet Begonias

Fire on the Mountain

Estimated Prophet

Eyes of the World

drums

Spanish Jam

The Other One

China Doll

Dear Mr. Fantasy

Around and Around

Good Lovin'

Box of Rain

Took the "extras" back up north with me to the camp i was working at. Had an UNREAL experience peaking at sundown in the woods ... whoa.

bikeride.jpg

bless you mr hoffmann. you changed my life for the better.

as much as i'd like to post anecdotes, i find that most of them aren't really that funny unless you were either there or are currently on acid. if you are currently on acid then bhshhhmmmmt grgllbiderwurgle fizzwig.

All I have to say is "I threw my fucking books in the garbage! One week before my Red Seal, and I threw my fucking books in the garbage!!, ok everybody can go back to pretending to sleep now."

RIP Albert Hoffman