Jambands.ca

How much is to much 4 phish tix?

Bennyd

Listen to this. My wife just bought Phish tix 4 all three shows. I don't want to say how much she paid (my all inclusive trip to Jamaica including boarding the dogs for a week and air fair was less) but In my opinion Jimi Hendrix should show up for that price. My problem is this; while I love Phish and would love to go, I feel The price she paid is so ridiculous I dont want to go on the grounds of principle. By going I condone this crazy expenditure by not going I totally piss off my wife and force her to sell her tix for way less than she paid, or even better miracle her friend and get nothing. What should I do?

Edited by Guest
sp.

I would like to think it is our money, we both work full time and in the long run can probably afford it (minus one trip to the tropics this year) , so I guess I am going to bite my lip and go. I guess I am just curious what would be the most you would pay for a ticket to see your favorite band whoever they may be. If that band is Phish your opinion will be highly valued.

I agree with skelter. Phish is by far my favourite band but being shut out in the lotery and ticketmaster was enough for me to realize it wasn't meant to be. There will be many more shows announced so there will always be another opportunity for me.

That being said, I'm sure you guys will have a killer time and forget about the costs the minute that you hit the circus and the lights go down.

since you asked. i'd be pissed if my partner gave a 'fee' of 2260$ to a scalper. you just paid 2260 above face. not only that but you were not consulted on your half of that?!

if i were the wife i would feel like a total idiot for the next 6 months, including while i was at the show. but that's me.

re-scalping them would be weak, so...

GO!

have fun!

Edited by Guest

Go and enjoy yourself...nothing but that to do now, so just have a great time...

If it's any condolence to you, I was in San Fran for the first phish/GD collaboration (4/15-17/99) and watched some guy drop $3000 USD PER TICKET for the 3rd night...grabbed 2 of them and handed over $6000 USD to some guy asking that much.

HAVE A BLAST and don't worry about the money if you really don't have to (not gonna lose the house or anything because of the trip...)

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

since you asked. i'd be pissed if my partner gave a 'fee' of 2260$ to a scalper. you just paid 2260 above face. not only that but you were not consulted on your half of that?!

if i were the wife i would feel like a total idiot for the next 6 months, including while i was at the show. but that's me.

re-scalping them would be weak, so...

GO!

have fun!

if my girlfriend used 'our' money to buy me something that i wanted, i do not understand why i would be upset she did not consult me(as a)it's ours, not 50% mine 50% hers, and B) its a gift) , or why she might feel like an idiot for trying to make her partner happy.

kinda like buying wings instead of mcdonalds?

i realize your saying how you would feel, but even to the point of maybe not enjoying the show?

Edited by Guest