Jambands.ca

Do you (heart) Heart?

Velvet

Heart, the rock band fronted by Ann and Nancy Wilson that was once based in Vancouver, plans its first coast-to-coast Canadian tour in 30 years next year.

The tour, beginning in St. John's on Jan. 28, follows on the heels of the band's return to the top of the charts with Red Velvet Car.

Heart called Vancouver home in the 1970s, when band member Mike Fisher was evading the draft. Most of the band hailed from Seattle, Wash.

The band cranked out hits such as Barracuda, Dreamboat Annie, These Dreams and What About Love in a power-rock career that was hot in the 1970s, then faded in the 1980s.

While sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson gave Heart its signature sound, band members have come and gone and returned again over the past 30 years.

Ann Wilson issued a solo album, and Nancy Wilson scored movies such as Vanilla Sky and Jerry McGuire for her husband, Cameron Crowe.

In 2009, Barracuda made it into Guitar Hero, and their songs turned up in Shrek 3, The Dilemma and Glee. The band also got a lifetime achievement award from the Northwest Grammy Foundation.

The lineup for Red Velvet Car includes Ann and Nancy Wilson, Roger Fisher, Howard Leese, Steve Fossen, and Mike Derosier.

The band plans 20 Canadian dates, finishing in their old home turf of Vancouver.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/04/heart-tour.html#ixzz14KsMcyWB

http://www.heart-music.com/tourdates.html

The tour' date=' beginning in St. John's on Jan. 28, follows on the heels of the band's return to the top of the charts with Red Velvet Car.[/quote']

And the top of what charts would those be?

Not hating on Heart, just the copy writer.

Heart arguably jumped the same shark that Jefferson Starship did. Most of their '80s-'90s output was middle of the road commercial pap. However, their '70s stuff kicks ass and I see their original lineup is back, including terrific guitarists Roger Fisher and Howard Leese. It should be cool seeing Fisher playing with the Wilsons again since he's been out of Heart since 1980. Man, those solos on the early songs are fucking awesome.

• 3 months later...
i dunno jaimoe, these dreams ain't baracuda but them's still some of the finest female rock vocals out there.

I don't know...they're definitely talented, but them's vocals are a little shrill for my taste. I'd check them out if they were playing in an open forum setting, like Festival of Friends or something.