Jambands.ca

So I listened to Justin Bieber for the first time

Velvet

A student brought in Bieber's latest cd this week. I did a quick perusal of the whole album then figured out a song for my student.

It's such a crying shame that a kid that brings absolutely nothing to the table is hoarding so much consumer spending. Bieber is so utterly devoid of musicial talent, while so many hard working musicians never have a chance. It makes me a bit ill.

I know there have been many that came before him, but usually these pop stars have something (and often plenty) to offer. This kid has no talent whatsoever that I can discern, and now he's on the short list for the Best Song Oscar. Ugh.

Which proves for the nth time that I know nothing about the music business.

i just don't get it at all. i agree - i see no talent there. but little girls love him. my daughter (who is 12) and her friends think he is disgusting. his song where he sings "I smile" sounds like he is saying "I smell." usher made him. justin timberlake also wanted to produce him, but bieber's management went with usher.

but fuck - does katy perry have any talent? she sings misogynist, degrading, songs (although Rihanna wins the prize there), using autotune and people love her. she's not even good looking.

(the only reason i know any of this is because this is what my daughter listens to. I am constantly pointing out the awful lyrics.)