Jambands.ca

Azz Whoopin'

bouche

I walked into daycare today to pick up my boy and one little brat made a comment that made me want to give the little shit an ass whopping. I restrained myself though, didn't think it would go over with the daycare staff very well.

So, I don't believe in whopping your owns kid ass, but random people and "other" parents, uncles, aunts whatever, should be allowed to smack other peoples kids when these kids are being punks. A person should be beaten into acceptable social behaviour by society from a very, very young age. How else is there to stop all that drunk driving?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realy recomend watching that comedy link I put up if you think hitting kids is cool. I hope by the end you feel a little ashamed.

We find talking to our son to be very effective. Imagine that.

This guys kid was pretending to be a gangster and making up stories of popping caps in people, and whatever else we can get from the yelling. I bet you couldn't talk sense into that gansta wanna-be.

another thing it didn't do is make us overbearing, rottenly behaved, pushy and manipulative, like most of the little brats i see nowadays. and this behaviour is the result of modern-day parenting, which i won't even get started on

Really? Whose kids are you hanging out with? Or are you just talking about random kids at the mall? I have a lot of friends with kids now. The kids I know are mostly well-behaved, respectful and sweet, because their parents are quality people who take the time to give their children a loving and supportive environment.

I grew up surrounded by domestic violence and it took years to flush all the psychic crap out of my system. Violence is totally wrong, all the time. If you are hitting your kid, at all, it is because you are failing your job as a parent and as a human being. Get a grip, people.

I'm with Julia and Louis C.K. on this one. 100%.

This guys kid was pretending to be a gangster and making up stories of popping caps in people, and whatever else we can get from the yelling. I bet you couldn't talk sense into that gansta wanna-be.

I could guess that nobody ever talking to this kid created the problem.

myself and pretty much anyone i know got a spank or two as a kid. this did not teach me that the answer to everything is violence' date=' and it didn't make us all fucked up either. another thing it didn't do is make us overbearing, rottenly behaved, pushy and manipulative, like most of the little brats i see nowadays.[/quote']

This is my view as well.

Well put.

tumblr_leimsh3o7u1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

Would you pro-violence Skanks beat your pets too?

If your goldfish isn't swimming the way you like do you throw the toaster into the tank? When your dog uses your pillow as a litterbox do thrash it to a bloody pulp with its own leash? Do your cats get doused with kerosene when they don't purr the right way?

Hyperbole notwithstanding of course

i find this debate intriguing... the more i think about it, the more i'm anti-spanking your kids - although - i did get minor swats here and there and it was no big deal. more an attention-getter than anything else i think. for me getting yelled at was way worse than the occasional swat, and i think that can be as equally damaging as physical abuse.

my 2 c! :)

I could never imagine hitting my little man. Even when he is being a little shit. Which thankfully is not very often. The thought has never crossed my mind. I was spanked, and I don't think I have any real trauma from it. I'd agree with Meggo's comment above on how you don't necessarily have to be hit to be scarred, and for that reason I feel guilty even on the rare occasions when I raise my voice to my son. At that point I've lost control, and what 'positive modelling' can be accomplished at that point?

I'm thinkin' this kid's problems probably started long before he wanted to become all gangsta.

Our best laid intentions are never fool proof, and I don't know how I'll react when I have a teenager in my face telling me to fuck off as they indulge in reckless, disrespectful behaviour (pray I never have to deal with that), but I'm thinkin even the best behaved kids go through their 'phase'. Hopefully solid roots, patience, love, and an ongoing demonstration of healthy emotional regulation especially during times of stress will help minimize the duration and severity of said phase.

Funny how all the "pro" spanking skanks don't even have children.

How does this differ from a husband beating his helpless wife? It's okay because it doesn't leave bruises, get fucking real.

Yup, just like how my Dad talks about drinking and driving (to the point of puking while driving out a not-so-open window) and he turned out OK and didn't die or hurt anyone. So it's OK. :P

For those spankedskanks who think it's OK to hit their kids, how about your Mom? Did she get hit by your dad? Maybe you should smack around the mother of your child too? Might be a bit harder as wives are usually bigger than the kids and often fight back (or don't pay their "respects" after the kids have gone to bed). Why oh why can't we be living in the 1950s??????

"bad kids" and "bad dogs" ... don't blame them right away. Invariably it is a result of their parents/owners and their limited/lacking skills.

Edited by Guest

well some just think there is a huge difference between a rare, disciplinary smack on the bum and beating of a child. but clearly a lot of people think that there is no difference, and everyone's entitled to their opinion. i have no idea how my disciplining would go if i had kids (which i'm not), but i know that i don't equate the discipline i received with abuse/beating. equating the two seems insulting to those who get beaten. (i am offended that people i consider friends are labelling me as a child,wife,and pet beater!) i was spanked a few times when i did something really dangerous that i knew i wasn't supposed to do. it worked for me to scare me into not doing that dangerous thing again, where i'm pretty sure a talking-to did not. it never occurred to me to hold it against my folks.