Jambands.ca

All-Star Musician Survivor

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Ms. Zimmy:

I think that I should get voted ON the Island so Bob isn't lonely!

-

I find it completly comical,aside from pathetic,how some folks are actually gettin worked up over this.But its also good to see a comment that the critic made slip into this thread....miss placed anger is not to easy to hide I guess. -

Well my vote is obvious,although probally futile at the same time.

Sorry Neil,but I gotta say goodbye.

My vote > Neil Young.

Its for fun folks....

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by dogatthestation:

I thought when it got down to the final two you voted for who you wanted to win.

Maybe in the real TV show, but in my version, you have to betray five of your heroes as opposed to voting for a winner. It's more fun that way. -

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Neil and Bob. That's what your mother was up to last night Lowroller! ZING!

Ms. Hux, kick his ass. [Mad][Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

Its for fun folks....

No man, it's totally fucking serious.

These are my two favorite artists of all time, what a dilemma?

On one hand you have with out a doubt the most influential lyricist in popular music with Bob Dylan, though Neil Young has been known to write a great song from time to time. On the other hand Young is one of the most influential guitarists, though Dylan is still a very good guitar player, especially acoustically.

As live performers they both were on par with each other in years past. Though over the years Dylan's voice has changed drastically, and most say not for the best. Whereas Neil Young's voice is still very strong.

Also Neil has constitantly gone out and peformed with the same musicians, Crazy Horse, The Stray Gators, CSN, etc. Young performing with the similar players over the years and his voice not wavering (hee,hee), his sound has been steady. Dylan's constantly changing line ups and his changing vocal chords has been anything but steady.

I'm going have to pick to who I've seen the most 32-19 in favor of the Canadian.

I vote off Bob Dylan.

Guest Low Roller

HAHA, just busting your collective balls.

I'd like to start off by saying that this thing grew far beyond my wildest expectations. I did not imagine that I would be using a spreadsheet to keep tabs on everything that's going on... I figured maybe ten votes tops, followed by a public scalding from a Bouchard brother. So since this thread was such a wild success I've decided to do it again next week starting Monday. I've carefully selected a new group of six musicians whose identity I will reveal at the appropriate time. If you thought tempers rose during this thread, you ain't seen nothing yet... I'm predicting public call-outs for fights in alleys behind the bar over miscast votes with this group of six. It's gonna be good.

Alright, so everyone is quivering with anticipation to find out who won eh?

First off, let's review the week's events:

Day 1: The Gauntlet is Set

Total votes: 36

• Warren Haynes- 24
  • Trey Anastasio- 6
  • John Lennon- 3
  • Bob Marley- 2
  • Bob Dylan- 1
  • Neil Young- 0

Day 2: The Betrayal of Trust

Total votes: 46

• Trey Anastasio- 29
  • John Lennon- 12
  • Bob Dylan- 4
  • Neil Young- 2
  • Bob Marley- 0

Day 3: Final Four

Total votes: 52

• John Lennon- 18
  • Bob Marley- 12
  • Neil Young- 11
  • Bob Dylan- 11

Day 4: Things Get Personal

Total votes: 56

• Bob Marley- 22
  • Neil Young- 18
  • Bob Dylan- 16

Day 5: End Game!

Total votes: 45

• Neil Young- 23
  • Bob Dylan- 22

-

Congratulations Mr. Dylan, you survived. But did you really win? I think not. Your name is now entered into the Hall-of-Fame, and therefore you will compete again at some point in time. It's not over Mr. Dylan, it's very far from being over. It's just begun.

Archived