Jambands.ca

All-Star Musician Survivor

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Ok, here's the concept:

For my sheer amusement (and hopefully yours as well), I have put together a list of six renowned musicians. Unfortunately only one of these six will survive the week.

Every day one of these worthy competitors gets voted off, by you, the good people of the Sanctuary. Simply reply to this thread with your vote of who should be eliminated. The votes will be tabulated at midnight daily and one person will be voted off. This will continue until we have a sole survivor.

The winner gets the opportunity to move to the next round if I ever decide to do this again.

And without further ado, here are the competitors:

• Bob Dylan

• John Lennon

• Warren Haynes

• Neil Young

• Bob Marley

• Trey Anastasio

Start sending your votes for Day #1.

-------------------------------------------------

(DISCLAIMER: I have never, nor will I ever, watch the TV show Survivor. This is just something to keep me busy while I toil away at work.)

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool idea, and I see this is going to be tough. To bad we couldn't submit votes without everyone knowing, that way you wouldn't be influenced by what everyone else is doing... If your interested I'd be willing to build a little thing kind of like a poll, and then display the results after a certain time?

So my vote.... (this is tough!)

John Lennon [Frown]

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, I thought about the whole anonimity thing, but I didn't feel like coding some sort of HTML poll, or even worse post in the POLL forum (nobody ever goes there [Wink] )

I trust that the Skanks can post their own vote based on their personal preference, and not be coerced like a bunch of sheep to follow a trend. [Wink]

Let's keep this format for now, but if you can develop an anonymous form Cyperhippie, that would be cool, and I would definitely use it in the future.

And no PalacePrincess, you can't pre-vote for tomorrow sorry. Your vote is annulled.

i know nothing of music trivia. who is warren? the only thing about music that i know is what i like. i usually don't really care what it is called or who does it unless i want to see them live.

but my vote would have to be for lennon. he was an interesting and important cultural figure, but i think he would be a burden on a group trying to survive in the wilderness. esau, i don't understand how you could vote bob marley off. i think he would be the most useful to the group. and he would be easy to be around too. i don't get it. mind you, i love bob marley. that legends album got me through some of the hardest times. i have had four or five copies of that one alone. my last cd was so well used that every song skipped. and i am not careless with my shit. i just really played it a lot. i currently don't have one. aaahh, every time i have money to spend it keeps going to books and beer. next pay i will have to remember bob. ok, i am rambling just a little today, maybe the second coffee was a bad idea.

quote:

Originally posted by bokonon:

i know nothing of music trivia. who is warren?

Warren Haynes is a guitar player, and is/was a member of: Gov't Mule, The Phil Lesh Quintet, The Allman Brothers Band, and probably a few others I can't remember.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by questcequecest?:

warren and trey can wank another day.

au revoir wankeurs extra-ordinaires!!

Vote for one person. one. Your vote is anulled. Can you please specify who you're voting for here?

Archived