Jambands.ca

So How Was Your Long Weekend????

shainhouse

Well, what can I say... Partied a little too hard if you ask me. Party at MarcO's on Friday was wonderful. Went in saying to myself I'd stay sober, left the complete opposite. Had a nap on a street corner for good measure. Had a blast at Afrodizz on SAT night but got super sick because of some potent potables and had to call it an early night. Was hungover all of yesterday but still had another blast at Diesel Dog in Dalhousie w/lil miss pink, large marge, inca roads, throgner, instagator and number 2 among others. Some frisbee, sun, more beers and the good ol' Diesel Dog, playing three sets on a picturesque day!! Came back to Hamilton w/large marge and inca roads around 8PM, had a few more beers at hess and passed out.

what fun :)

I had a long WEEK rather than weekend here. I booked off all of last week and took a run to Croatia to sit in the sun and check out the sights. Amazing sh!t. Dubrovnik is beautiful, and the ocean was amazing (not to mention the ladies along the ocean :: ).

The weekend was hell though. Left Saturday at 5 pm for a bus to the Italian border (through parts of Bosnia-Hertzegovena and Slovakia), and arrived in Italy at 8am. took a 3 hour ride to Venice and spent a few hours wandering around and eating gelato, then got back on the train at 5pm and pulled into Geneva at midnight. Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit like roadkill today at work!

not bad, stayed in to work mostly.. ugh.

listened to a lot of dead and the slip (i think im turning into a hippie). got some '70 dead on now, i dont know the differences really.. listened to a couple slip shows recommended by guigsy's party unto himself.. and hit the beach today for a few hours of relaxin in the sun. nice. now, i can see the bottom of my gin bottle, i got the bubbler workin like a charm and pretty soon im gonna catch a few z's before class tomorrow at noon :)

less than 3 weeks of school left! oh my.

Friday night spent a nice night with my fiancee, as she had to work all weekend, so that night was for us and we just chilled and enjoyed a few drinks and a movie.

Sat...WOW, went to Bouches birthday bash and met a crop of great people. Thanks to Andre, Mike, Lynn, Sharon, Myrna, Mark, Dave, Crystal, Steve, Tom, Becky, Jim and Jeff (very funny guy). I hope I didn't forget anyone.. We drank and played guitar until the sun came up. I never felt more like at home while away from .. home

Sunday, sobered up, and went to a BBQ and come bocce ball. (me and sarah won the tourney. beginners luck). Only had 10 beer and once I stopped drinking I hit the wall and was out by 9. Today just relaxed and spent the day playing guitar and listening to phish in order to pump me up for the festival.

my weekend consisted of... hanging out with my buddy Trev, for his b-day, and he just became a dad, ended up at a strip joint which sucked! saturday worked then met up with Zephyr and Anz backs at the Vans party with Deisel Dog... Up and out to Port Dalhousie for the sunday Deisel Dog show. what a great show, and great day, fun playin frisbee with the gang... nice to see some friendly faces down in our area for the Show--thanks for your support!!! then had a blast at my house partay!!! had a nice KW flav, Thog did represent, although, he ended up being the guy that Passed out this time... hehe...

only disappointment was no Schwamone??? hehehe... couldn't resist!!! anyhow, thinking Sangria and the Robots might be some good additions to Come Together!!! ::

went to phil's friday night & had a good time....i got hammered on the bus between my work & my friend's house (about a 20 min busride....thank you gin!!)

phil's was a good time...lots of people i havent seen in a while were out.

sat i went to a kegger in hamilton, where i ended up NOT drinking, only to have a crash course in standard driving for my first time all the way home from hamilton..........i think i did okay for the most part? heh

sunday & monday i had to work....i am exhausted.

Friday - see here.

Saturday - what the..?

Sunday - great BBQ and hot tub action out in the country with some really good friends that i dont get to see too often. come early monday morning the joke was that i was the guy who had been in the hot tub since yesterday . my skin is so dry.

Monday - shortly after getting home from the hot tub party (about a half hour) my dad showed up, and we went golfing in Paris... nice course... long fuckin day... was kinda glad it was all over, i needed some fuckin sleep... hell, i still do.

a few friends and i had organized a big music festival/party this saturday out int eh country - we had 20 acts lined-up and about 100 tickets sold but it got postponed due to the rain on saturday. still had a wicked time jamming and partying at a different buddies house all day instead and the party carried right on until yesterday afternoon. i don't rememebr much aside from some point on saturday when i put on a dress and performed with my old improv-thrash-metal band 'bitch fork' for the first time in a year and a half. aside from that everythings a little blurred but i remember having a big smile plastered on my face for the whole weekend :D

Guest Low Roller

Sat in the sun all week-end. Did some windsurfing, some kayaking, some swimming, some BBQing, some guitar playing (met a dude who has distribution deals in Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Toronto for Polish language CDs. He really liked one of my songs, and wants me to record it for his next CD...). And I think I broke up with my girlfriend. Not too sure about that last one.

Friday: Helped Phishhead5000 and LJFH begin to move stuff out of my basement, then went jamming, during which I lived the phrase "dripping sweat". The jams were fun, although my playing got a little spacy at times; the fine sheen of dried salt covering almost my entire body left a nice tang to remind me of the evening.

Saturday: Continued helping Phishhead5000 (ably assisted by TheSloth & Stapes) move stuff out of my basement (late start: first it was 9am, then 11am, then they showed up at 2:55pm), picked up my Wilco tix, took a nap, took a much-needed shower, then went and had BNB crush me into a fine pulp with the best playing I'd ever heard from them.

Sunday: Relaxed/slept most of the day, then had arcane come over for a beer or two (thanks to Phishhead5000 for the case of Heineken :-)), then we went to the Works for dinner, then coffee (Bridgehead) and ice cream (the place across Richmond from Bridgehead).

Monday: Slept most of the day, but took a nice walk down to Britannia Park after dinner.

Aloha,

Brad

Drove to Utica NY played a show, packed up and drove overnight to Saint John NB got there in time to sleep for an hour and then set up souncheck blah blah played a show, went to a bar went to the hotel slept. The next morning we started driving back to Ottawa where I was to begin moving into my new home. The van broke down in Edmunston NB at about 6pm. For a while it looked as though we'd be spending the next three days in a parking lot in the van because it was a long weekend and everything was closed. As well all the hotels were sold out 200km in every direction. It turns out our tow truck driver was the absolutely greatest guy we could meet. after a lot of hopeless begging basically on our part he brought the van to his bosses place and the two of them worked on it, bribed the parts store guy to open up and get parts and served us birthday cake and milk! We hit the road at 11:30 pm and I made it home at 7 in time to move.

So I spent the rest of the weekend setting up at my new place which is fantastic.

All in all, a lot of ups and downs.

perty gud weekend.

Started off with a relaxing evening at home Friday night with some friends and some beerzezez. Had a little visit with studdakitty on Saturday, then to a quick family function, then back to make sure that kitty was ok! (I think he was just pissed off at me!) Off to Kingston with Booche, Hux and the Gallant's to tear up Mama Bouche's Garage with Bouche, Ms. Hux, dogatthestation, Tickles and of course - Mama Bouche! Some more family visits on Sunday, including the Burke's (man - I think I saw everyone family member this weekend!) and then for a super evening at Tom and Annette's!

It sure felt good to sleep last night...

awesome.

saturday evening ribfest in st catharines, musically hosted by that 905 band (o.k.) and then an elvis tribute, haha. didn't even have any ribs. but we did have some pile of fried potato things. fun. then a big dinner and copious amounts of booze... made it to the diesel dog show around midnight only to realize we had no business being out in public, so went back home and crashed. lightweights.

sunday diesel dog afternoon was sooooo great!!! went and checked out the trews after... hmmmm not sure exactly what i thought of that... i guess i thought they were fine but definitelky not my kinda musica. but, since sarah works for the radio we got in free and got free booze tickets, so that was nice. saturday night swimming.. wanted to get over to number 2's to party but alas, by 10pm once again too demo'd to go anywhere. ordered pizza, drank wine, watched fight club again (i love that movie!!!) and passed out.

monday to the beach at port colbourne, now accompanied by thorg. i think it took us about 3 hours to drive to kitchener from there... then to london... then me solo to chatham. still feeling pretty beat, but a real good weekend. :)

My weekend was....... relaxing! Didn't get too far from home this weekend, the heat really got to me and made me feel unwell occasionally, I'm a delicate flower. Gave Briguy a tutorial on how to operate a telephone on Friday night ("place to head, speak into round part, a voice will come back through the earpiece") but I don't think he got it, convened a meeting Saturday night with hamilton and TimmyB to discuss our concerns about secondtube and his non-relationship with the Beatles, watched said Beatles Anthology DVD, listened to Jerry Garcia/GD all day Sunday, and dined with the better half at Boston Pizza last night. Which kinda sucked, don't go.

Food, friends, beer, Jerry Garcia = a nice weekend.

Holy crap...short and sweet was mine...consisted of a two day one night camping trip to one of the most beautiful places on the face of this planet!! Fort Coulonge!! Although I ended up with a sweet gash and a sore bum, (soothed with the sweet nectar of Bean's New York cherry cheesecake icecream), what better way to finish it up with a late evening Steak et Frites and a Deluxe Strawberry Royale crepe at Cafe Crepe du France...Thanks a bunch Rosie! Couldn't have asked for more!!!

BTW...I crashed of the diet on Monday...oh well back to basics...

Absolutely madness.

Ya'll wouldn't believe it if I told ya

-b-day/burning of the mortgage/harley purchase bash

-intensity,aggression & chaos

-fist fights (I aided in stopping not participating in)

-smashed walls,wiindows,bottles,toilets,faces

-rotti bites on hands,ears,feet

-monster amounts of some white powder ::

-loads of beer,whiskey,texas mickeys

-an awesome reunion for me of an old high school buddy

-many other things best left untold

All in all one crazy weekend worth every minute....

Yuppified - Went to Ikea, Went to Loblaw's, watched two movies, and smoked myself retarded on Friday night with friends from out of town. Had people over Friday and Saturday night and realized we don't have enough chairs in the apartment. Also discovered that our cats are well behaved on our fourth floor balcony, and are doing an excellent job repelling the pigeons.

Friday went to the Trews show in the rain got home around 5 in the morning

Saturday went to Grandma's 80th birthday and stopped family fights got home about 5 in the morning

Sunday went to St.Catherines for DD got smashed and didn't eat any food too much sangria fell down about 3 or 4... passed out wookie fu©ker

Monday woke up and felt bad then went to the beach with Meggo and drove back... litterally travelled through hell from Kitchener to London, crazy rain...

Overall... tuns'o'funs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onelove

ian

Thanks to #2, D, Mikey, et al. in the Saint and Word up to the driva's!!!!!!!!!!!

Megs - I owe you lerge for forgetting to give you gas money... Cheesehead part duex?!?!?!?!?

peace

Absolutely madness.

Ya'll wouldn't believe it if I told ya

-b-day/burning of the mortgage/harley purchase bash

-intensity,aggression & chaos

-fist fights (I aided in stopping not participating in)

-smashed walls,wiindows,bottles,toilets,faces

-rotti bites on hands,ears,feet

-monster amounts of some white powder ::

-loads of beer,whiskey,texas mickeys

-an awesome reunion for me of an old high school buddy

-many other things best left untold

All in all one crazy weekend worth every minute....

I kind of remember being there... good (and VERY crazy) times...

Me and Cosmic ChrisC drove down to Lake George, NY on Saturday. Got drunk and walked around. It was like being in a Simpson's episode where they visit one of those towns thats sole purpose for existence is to sell a bunch of crap to tourists. It was fun.

Then Sunday we drove down to Saratoga Springs for the Dead show. First set was nice but a little lacklustre. Second set was a monster!! One of the best sets I've seen a Dead-related band perform. Total Jerry tribute. The highlight for me was Death Don't Have No Mercy. But that was really just one among many.

08/01/04 (Sun) Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Saratoga, NY

Set 1: Uncle John's Band, Lazy River Road, Estimated Prophet > The Other One (jam) > No More Do I, Down The Road Again, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Me & My Uncle, Cryptical Envelopment > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Birdsong > Reuben & Cherise > Drums > Space > Shine On You Crazy Diamond > St Stephen > Comes A Time > The Other One > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > Angel Band, E: The Real Thing

RIMG0152s.jpg

08/01/04 (Sun) Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Saratoga, NY

Set 1: Uncle John's Band, Lazy River Road, Estimated Prophet > The Other One (jam) > No More Do I, Down The Road Again, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Me & My Uncle, Cryptical Envelopment > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Birdsong > Reuben & Cherise > Drums > Space > Shine On You Crazy Diamond > St Stephen > Comes A Time > The Other One > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > Angel Band, E: The Real Thing

nice!

well i guess my long weekend began on Wednesday night

earthfreak came up to the farm and we partied and played music

Thursday we drove up to Kearney to check out a nice parcel of land for sale

Friday we drank Margaritas and hung out with MikeyD, then QQC for a bit

Saturday we played disc golf and drove up to Viamede Resort on Stoney Lake to see a band (except it was PACKED and we didn't even get inside the bar)

Sunday, more disc golf and then a drive to Toronto to hang with huck

Festival Express movie, then Toots & the Maytals

back to the Patch on Monday for my best disc golf game EVER...8 under par for 9 holes! :: hell yeah

tons of Jerry (and it continues)

lots of beers

good friends