Jambands.ca

Flecktone In Trouble

Freeker

Wooten plays the drumitar, a guitar-shaped instrument he invented that allows him to replicate the sound of a drum kit with a few fingers.

Hmmmm, that's a real interesting way to describe the bass. ;)

Leave it to the white bread news to confuse the only 2 black Flecktones. Shameful!

Wooten plays the drumitar' date=' a guitar-shaped instrument he invented that allows him to replicate the sound of a drum kit with a few fingers. [/quote']

Hmmmm, that's a real interesting way to describe the bass. ;)

Leave it to the white bread news to confuse the only 2 black Flecktones. Shameful!

Uh, the Flecktones bass player is Victor Wooten, not Futureman. The article is correct about the instrumentation.

Aloha,

Brad

Hahaha! Whoops! That'll teach me to read. LOL *blush* I just saw Wooten and figured it was Victor (who totally rocks, btw). Thanks for the clarification fellas. Once again Miss Mae goes jumping to conclusions. Oh, and Dr_Evil_Mouse, you have to hear that drumitar. It sounds CRAZY!

vic is a super nicec guy, got to sit and talk with him at the hamilton show during the day of, tried to get him to smoke out with me but he owuldnt, that bastid, ,actually victor wootin is a no good non-smokin bastid!!!

I have no sympathy for him.

Although I have enjoyed and been blown away by his drumitar playing every time I've seen the Flecktones, I cannot sympathize with a guy earning nearly a hundred grand (American dollars) per year, who feels it unnecessary to pay taxes.

If the poor, working class can pay, so can the wealthy musicians who are fortunate enough to get to "play" for a living.

More proof that future is one strange frickin dude man.

Pirate hat....check

Drum pads hooked to computer keyboard.....check

Uhhhhh sound person ..... can I get a little highs dropped off the synth roto-toms and more reverb on my pirate hat.

Sweet ..... that's perfect.

Bless his strange tax evading ways of the future.

Deeps

Edited by Guest
Particularly dangly participle.

I found that early on in the Flecktones career (esp. when Howard Levy was in the band), Futureman sounded very much like a jazz drummer to me, much more so than any other electronic percussion I heard in other musics. I chalked this up to his amazing set of samples, and the large number of triggers he had, and his ability to hit so many of them. There were times when I couldn't tell it wasn't an acoustic jazz drummer. In the last couple of years, though, especially during his solo segments, it sounds less like acoustic jazz drumming and more like electronic percussion; I still like it, but not as much.

Aloha,

Brad

there will always be the naysaysers.

i've seen well over a 100 concerts, and there hasn't been a bassist, cept dave holland, that has even come CLOSE to the skills and talent of victor.

not bad for a bassist who isn't terribly innovative...

i mean, you'd think, for a bassist who is able to set himself apart from hundreds of other bassists would be doing something a little different from the rest...

i dont think there is a walking, living musician, who has a greater respect for their said instrument.

who's the best drummer? guitarist? so many choices...ask who's the best bassist? 8 out of 10 will probably say Victor Wooten.

Pretty good for someone will little innovation.

(ya right...vic is a leader in his category)