Jambands.ca

House-a-versary

Ms.Huxtable

One year ago tonight (at midnight), Bouche and I walked over to the little yellow house we had been passing every day for four months, slipped the key in the door and ran around OUR house for the very first time.

We brought a bottle of wine and a couple glasses, tore down wall paper and planned where to put the hot tub. It was a magical night that I'll never forget. Our very first house.

I love ya Bouchey and I love our house. Thanks to everyone who has graced it with their presence over the past year and turned it into a home.

So, is there some kind of "OINK"-like signup to get asked over to the house? You know, someone who's been asked has to get you hooked up, and you have to keep a certain people-invited-to-your-house vs. you-invited-to-their-house ratio, and if the ratio goes outside a certain range, you can't come over to the house anymore? Expiring minds want to know.

Aloha,

Brad

RubberDinghy - I've asked you to get your ass over to our house so many times now I can't keep track. Too bad it's always parked in a drivers seat. Open invite dahling.

BradM - Dang, I didn't realize we were leaving anyone out. We'll let you know when the next open jam is how's that sound?

Sunshine - You're simply awesome. Thanks again for all your help. I would have gone crazy without your help.

LMP - You know, that's not a bad idea. The Ottawa Winter is upon us and I'm sure the ladies here need to re-stock our inventory to get through those cold nights. Let me get an email going.

Hey...it wasn't midnight last year. We couldn't wait, and actually walked over around 10:30 or so just to see if they were out. They were. Tearing shit off of the wall was fun as hell.

Thanks for making our home waaaaay too comfortable and fun. I don't want to go out tonight at all now! I may not make it to Osgoode tomorrow ;) Just want to stay at home. I love home....and you ms.huxy.

I know that "I love my home too much to leave it" feeling now, too. And I'm glad it's still as happy, "homey" and fun a place one year later.

But I know Sharon will haul yer ass out here tommorrow, so I'm not worried.

It's a beautiful home, guys, and all the more so for the beauty inside it -- the love and generosity you share with others when you invite others in!

congratulations, mike & sharon! that's funny, i was just thinking about your house the other day & how nice it is. :) i think my favourite thing about it, is that even though it is SO nice, it still feels like a home. way to go, guys! if misspink ends up coming down for another party, i will totally join her again as her assistant. you ottawa ladies are crazy. crazygood. :D

Yay to Mike & Sharon and to your lovely yellow house and your cutey little dog and your bubbley warm hot tub and your timeless basement and your AMAZING HOSPITALITY. I truly love Ottawa/Hull so much because of the amazing times (what a crazy weekend) I had at your place this past year. Thank you so much for continually opening up your home to out-of-towners and showing us the best damn time around.

Oh, and Bouche, you've got some competition in Osgoode. ;) Better come out tomorrow and show us how it's done.