Jambands.ca

Good Interview Vibes Please

Patchoulia

So I have a job interview today.

I need all the help I can get.

After my last interview, I was pretty much convinced of the following things:

a) Some people are just plain evil;

B) I am never going to find another job again and might as well accept that fact;

c) Sometimes, beating yourself about the head with a torque wrench can be a viable and pleasant alternative to human interaction.

That being said, I am pretty sure any interview I now have will be a breeze!

However, I could still use some well wishes, good vibes and cash bonuses (PM me for details on where to send the $$).

Thanks!

P.S. Is flashing hooters a recommended job-getting technique? Yes? No? :grin:

Guest Low Roller

Here's a trick I used in my interviews:

Get a glass of water before the interview starts. When asked a hard question, instead of going "uhhhhhh..." take a slow sip of water while you think about it. Be slow, methodical, and above all else to not let the interviewer rattle you with tough questions- it's what he is trying to do.

My best vibage to you Julia! Haha...I've found that..while bashing myself over the head with a torque wrench can be a viable and pleasant alternative to some human interactions.....well its probably not great for the long haul.

Someones gonna spot your shine soon sister. :)

Chin to the wind babe! :)

Torque, torque, the beast needs more torque.

Best vibes, Julia. I like the beverage angle too - unless it's coffee (I learned through my last interview that's probably not something I'd want to load up on too much). I also find for myself that timing is important, not to show up too early or too late (though you can't control how long they'll keep you cooling your heels) - too early, and I'm not in the right headspace yet, too late and I've had too much time to brood or get distracted with something else to think about.

You're a stand-up, kick-ass dude, though, and that's also a good thing to keep in mind :).

Good luck Julia.

If it's the right job for you; you'll get it.

Good idea on the "hooters", but you might want to save that for the second interview; if you get one.

(Its always good to keep in reserve a few tricks "up your sleeve"; er ... uh ... well not really "sleeve" ... which part of the blouse do I mean here? ;) )

Good luck Julia.

If it's the right job for you; you'll get it.

Good idea on the "hooters", but you might want to save that for the second interview; if you get one.

(Its always good to keep in reserve a few tricks "up your sleeve"; er ... uh ... well not really "sleeve" ... which part of the blouse do I mean here? ;) )

"I think that topless lady, has something up her sleeve...." ~ John Prine

:D

magical vibes are emminating from my fingers, through the keyboard, through the lan connection, network and travelling to a server deep in the US. Saving into a mysql server database to be retrieved for the round-trip back out over the internet and shooting out of your computer's monitor.

((((dododododoooooooooooodddoooo goood vibes!)))))