Jambands.ca

SKANK EXCHANGE 2 !!!

dancingbear

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Logistical question... Sending gifts to Canada from US... Do I have to do any type of customs forms/declarations? I have to do these things at work, but I think the rules might be different for gifts? I suppose I could always go to the post office and ask, but at this time of year, I'd rather just drop it in the box as opposed to waiting 2 hours in line...

Steve

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MY SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!

i love love LOVE my gift!!!!

it rounds out my collection of wonder woman paraphranelia perfectly, and i am also really excited to spend my gift certificate on....um....THINGS!!!!!! not to mention the hours i will spend lovingly stroking my britney spears stickers & cooing at them.

i would also like to commend the wonderful wrapping job, and finally, i would like to thank the powers of randomness, who even in a hat, manage to pair that lovely LittlemissPink up with me. :) THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

p.s. whoever ends up on the receiving end of this lady next year is sure in for a treat!

thanks again so much pink!

i have the coolest secret santa EVA, yo!

Hey PP - I'm glad you liked the gift - I feel bad because the thing I really wanted to get, I couldn't find in time so I sent away for it. You'll be getting that on your birtday - provided I remember it's hidden in my closet (no peeking next time you're over babysitting, either!!!)

I hope you enjoy the "THINGS" you get with the gift certificate, anyway... hehe

Logistical question... Sending gifts to Canada from US... Do I have to do any type of customs forms/declarations? I have to do these things at work, but I think the rules might be different for gifts? I suppose I could always go to the post office and ask, but at this time of year, I'd rather just drop it in the box as opposed to waiting 2 hours in line...

Steve

yes for sure it will need a customs sticker on it and duty paid.. nothing like receiving a present at the post office or your door and being required to 'pay' for it..

Edited by Guest

I forgot to point out that my wonderful secret santa was PalacePrincess!

She freaked me out as it seemed that she knew my interests based on what I post here! I mean, she showered me with classic MAD mags with things I like (like a Prince issue), Star Wars activity books, a wicked photo of Luke from ROTJ nicely framed, etc.

I wish the Secret santa thing happened more than once a year! Thanks for organizing it DB!

BTW, I sent out my gift this week and I was very late with the mailing. Hopefully it'll show up next week for my recipient...and enjoy!

MY SECRET SKANC ROCKS!!!

I just received my gift, and I LOVE it! I suspect I know who sent it, being a particular Skanc who lives in both Calgary and Chatham, but I'm not sure.

Here's what I got:

1) Very cool t-shirt from the Canmore Hotel, which is extra-cool considering that icon is about to be sold and possibly closed forever.

2) A Stephen Franke and NFTTS sticker; which I LOVE for two reasons ... first, I love their tunes, and second, I actually have a sticker collection all over a piece of furniture in my living room and I plan to add this sticker to that collage tonight.

3) Matisyahu "Live at Stubbs" Woooooo hooooo! I've wanted a copy of that disc for about six months!

This was a great gift. In one package, this person enclosed a Jewish item for Chanukah, a soon-to-be collectors item from a great Alberta venue, and a sticker by one of my favourite West Coast bands.

Thank you Secret Skanc for this gift. I love it!

If you want to tell me who you are, I'd be happy to thank you personally. If you wanna remain anonymous, that's cool too.

Happy Chanukah!