Jambands.ca

SKANK EXCHANGE 2 !!!

dancingbear

some said it couldn't be done. some said humanly impossible. some didn't say anything as they were tripping, and tripping hard. they were wrong. well the first two were anyhow.

that's right folks it's time for the 2nd-annual-ever- SKANK EXCHANGE 2. !!!

this is a yearly event :P where we get to spread love, joy and dollar-store products all over the universe. it's a time we get to return to the administrator's, the MPD's (multiple posts daily) the regulars, the occasionals, and even yes...the lurkers all the good vibes we have all felt. it is put simply, a cosmic banana dance.

you gotta peel peel peel bananas.

the rules are simple. if you sign up you must send a gift. the gift must come from the heart or at the very least, not from Wal-Mart. there are no other rules. give whatever you desire. Or, even better, whatever they desire.

last year we had a gift circle completion percentage of 100% (26/26), to the best of my knowledge, ([color:purple]which actually is quite extensive). gifts included donations to charities, local art, music, and so so much more. it spread goodness.

remember our earth is a planet.

there are 9 planets orbiting the sun, 'our' star.

there are greater than 100 billion stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way.

there are about 20 galaxies within two and a half million light years of te Milky Way.

there are greater than 100 billion galaxies in the universe.

but above all remember,

you can make a difference.

lets celebrate the year that was.

Dead(lines):

have indeed been consumed.

to sign up : [color:green]November 5, 2005.

for the participant to recieve their present: [color:green]Decmember 29, 2005.

To join send me a private message including:

your jamband name.

your real name.

street address

city, province,

postal code

I will try to give you the name of your mystery recipient by november 12, 2005.

skank quotes from last year's exchange include:

"WOW, i can't believe you can ship a goat!!"

"Best fun I've had since dead tour 93!"

"were the fuck's my gift?!?"

please feel free to add your own comments on last years activities.

the earth does indeed laugh in flowers (ralph waldo emerson) and you cant be afraid of butterflies. thank you all for the kinship.

hold the olive branch high,

resist-the anti-wonderfulists,

dancing bear

(spencer)

p.s. can someone 'bulletin' this to the top part, please.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of us were talking about this just the other day exchanging stories of our awesome gifts and appreciation of dancinbear for organizing!!! Cheers to you my friend.

I'm IN - sending you info now.

So I have to say that the gift I got from this exchange was one of the best gifts received last year.

My secret skank(who turned out to be a friend of mine but didn't know my jamband name at the time - quite a funny story as it all unfolded) sent me Festival Express and Miles Davis Electric DVD's!!! By far better than the rest of my holiday secret and not so secret exchanges!

Anyway thanks again dancingbear for your efforts to make this an ANNUAL EXCHANGE!

So my understanding is that there's no $$ value min-max...which is great...no pressure...but I am imminently unemployed and would horribly chagrined if my limited bankroll provided someone with a less than substantial gift and I, in turn, received something that cost a lot more than the gift I gave.

I know that the spirit of this whole thing is not about the monetary value, but I would feel better if we placed a few limits on it..I just don't want to feel bad about contributing a less than substantial gift.

The parameters don't have to be stringent....say we make is within $20-$100. There's a decent spread.

Quash this if I'm wrong, but I don't want to feel bad about giving well though-out but seemingly cheap gift.

Am I over-thinking this?

Go Raptors!

yes, you're over-thinking it. dont be self conscious about it - this is just fun. it's not about giving your sister a cd while she gives you the whole fucking entertainment unit. it's just about doing something, whatever that is you choose to do.

edit: oh yeah, GO RAPTORS!! ;)

Edited by Guest

it's just about doing something, whatever that is you choose to do.

edit: oh yeah, GO RAPTORS!! ;)

exactly.

stoned phillips... money has no real correlation with gift coolness factor (gfc) unless of course the gift is an arctic cruise.

It's ALL good.

i fished up the 'rules from last year'

1) NO $$$ limit!!! Hey if there is a millionaire lurking out there who wants to fund a trip to amsterdam, so be it! Seriously though, we all seem like decent people who will be appreciative of mostly anything. You can give a show, a book you just read, a firstborn, an eight-ball of coke, absolutely anything you choose.

3) I will draw names out of a hat and try to PM people with the name and address of the person they will be sending their gift to. I will try to do this within one week.

4) People who give and do not receive, by December 28 ...should email myself. Ala seinfeld, the person who was supposed to give the present will have their name publicly displayed in the "i have good intentions, but suck when it comes down to it post".

5) Those who think this is lame, my friends included, need not reply.

6) since i want in, unfortunately i will know who the person is who gets my name

whirled peas,

dancingbear