Jambands.ca

RIP - Alli Shapiro 1979-2006 (my sister)

shainhouse

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shain - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. While I never had the pleasure of meeting your sister you were kind enough to share some of her life with me and also here on the board - from what you shared it was clear she had amazing strengh, was and will remain an inpiration to many.

I'm sorry your family had to endure such great loss.

Take care,

Carrie

Shain, my deepest thought s go out to you and your family. I know exactly what your goin through as i lost my mother last thursday evening due to a long struggle with cancer. This is the first time ive been able to bring myself to the computer, i dont have much motivation these past few days. I am so sorry for your loss shain. Anytime you need to talk (i believe we are both going through the same things right now) even share the good times with your sister and i could share the good times with my mother or even just a shoulder to lean on or cry on man. I feel your hurt and pain and i wish this on no other person.

PM me if ya want to get together and help eachother through these rough times.

RIP:

Alli Shapiro

Deborah Sanislo (My beautiful and loving Mother)

I feel so empty right now, and everyone who knows me well nows im a pretty happy guy. It just hurts so bad right now, and i miss her so much.

ps: not trying to highjack the thread but i thought this would be appropriate here instead of starting a seperate thread.

Edited by Guest

My sincere condolences from the depths of my heart. Very difficult times...

The only thing that I can say being a couple of months down the road from a somewhat similar experience is that life is both clearly beautiful, wonderful, and full of joy, and yet somehow also full of pain, fear, confusion, resentment, etc. It is so very hard to remember the former aspects when one is immersed in a dark period.

One potential result is that you may gain an increased appreciation, fondness, love for/eye for all that is beautiful. Such moments starkly contrast with all that you must be feeling now, which in itself can be painful. But as someone said above, love exposes us to all ends of this continuum and without the ability to experience these extremes their meaning erodes.

I know this may bring little comfort to you at this time, but know that life does go on in some shape or form.... it all comes down to how you choose to perceive it...

Wishing you strength, and the courage to allow yourself to feel freely...

so sorry Shaine! Too soon gone.....

Fare you well, my honey

Fare you well, my only true one

All the birds that were singing

Are flown, except you alone

Gonna leave this brokedown palace

On my hands and my knees, I will roll, roll, roll

Make myself a bed by the waterside

In my time, in my time, I will roll, roll, roll

In a bed, in a bed

By the waterside I will lay my head

Listen to the river sing sweet songs

To rock my soul

River gonna take me, sing me sweet and sleepy

Sing me sweet and sleepy all the way back home

It's a far gone lullaby sung many years ago

Mama, Mama, many worlds I've come since I first left home

Going home, going home

By the waterside I will rest my head

To rock my soul

Going to plant a weeping willow

On the banks' green edge it will grow, grow, grow

Singing a lullaby beside the water

Lovers come and go, the river will roll, roll, roll

Fare you well, fare you well

I love you more than words can tell

To rock my soul

From friends to a friend ,

Our Deepest condolences to YOU and your family.

on behalf of myself Ben W. and

the MUZO boys / Crew & Friends.

Mike Kirsh , Mike Wise , Zach Bines ,

Toby Gottlieb , Jordan Taub , Lauren Shreiber, Dusty Emer, Michelle Medlowitz, Eric Weigensberg, Jenny Hutt, Stephanie Sternberg, Ashley,

Rory Sills, Ben spivak , Lindsay Dworkin,

Deja Gordon, Dave Cohen, Zach Paul ,

Becky DePalma, Jason Zaveralla,

Adam & Jordan Weigensberg, Jessie Sahpiro,

Liane & Ashton Hawthorne, Jeremy Holdsworth

and many more.....

our thoughts are with you Shain...

Thanks for the kind wishes. I'm learning that the Jews really do this thing properly. With a week long shiva, you seem so distracted because people are always visiting, that there is almost no time to mourn. It's quiet here now, and I had a minute to come online, and I appreciate the support.

Thanks Again. Also, my utmost condolances to Jay and your family for your mom's passing and if anyone knows anyone battling cancer, give them one more hug everytime you see them. They are all heroes.