Jambands.ca

hugs for booche and douglas

bouche

At the start of the week, booche and douglas had to bid farewell to their kitty cat, Sammy. I know that they were pretty beat up over the sudden loss, as he was only 10 years old.

I never understood why Sammy picked fights with me, until I discovered that it was Cyrill's fault for getting Sammy all riled(sp?) up, so Sammy would take anyone on. Sammy would win because my cat allergy made scratches swell up and get very itchy.

I still liked Sammy.

we love you guys. all will be well again.

April 26, 1997 - I was on the hunt for an orange kitten. Sammy caught my eye and he captured my heart. He looked at me, playfully rolled around on his back, and stretched his paws out of the cage to give his first of a million pets.

We went home that day to my apartment in Kingston. My friends appropriately named him “Happy Cat.†We journeyed together to a number of new homes, including our stay with Grams and Poppa where he enjoyed many days of lounging on the hot pavement of the driveway, breaking through kitty barricades, climbing the tree, catching grasshoppers, and taunting Frieda.

Our final journey together to Ottawa was the beginning of a beautiful 4 more years together. The love I had then for both Sammy and Andre grew enormously as they developed their own loving relationship.

If I could capture those moments in a bottle of the two of them napping on Sunday afternoons, I would never feel lonely again.

Playtime with guitar strings, cuddles, pets from the tip of his soft nose to the tip of his furry tail, minouche, uppie time, bedtime, supper time – every single moment will never be forgotten.

Thank you, Sammy, for picking me that day 9 years ago to be your Mommy. Enjoy your never-ending fields of grasshoppers and bottomless cans of minouche. Don’t forget us – we’ll see you again someday. I’ll bring the canopener. Love you forever, my baby boy.

i know we spoke already, but now i'm in tears again so i'll say it again - sammy was so lucky to have grown up with so much love! if only every kitty had that good fortune. i know it's a surprisingly awful feeling to lose a family pet, but know that sammy is up there playing away and he'll be right there waiting for ya.

*hugs*

I got to live with Sammy for two months and he was a great roommate....even better than Booche. He didn't tell me to shut up and he didn't fart all the time. heheh!

And he seemed to have particular love for sleeping in any kind of knapsack, shopping or gymbag that I owned. If we ever couldn't find sammy we'd just go in my room and start checking the bags.

And he snuggled so good he made your arm go numb.

Nubbles Sammercat....I hope God made you a fancy knapsack with kitty treats, furry lining and catnip.

ooooooohhhh sweat Jammers (that's what I liked to call Sammy-cat). I think Sammy and I had a nice understanding....I knew when he wanted some love, and I knew when not to push his buttons. All of that thanks to Lynners training from the day I met him.

Sammy and my kitty Beans had one of the greatest meetings in the world. We decided that Beans and Sammy needed to be play mates for the night. At this time Beans weighed about 2 pds, and Sammy weighed about 32 pds. Of Course, Beans thought he could fight Sammy-Cat but soon learned who was the God-Father of all cats.

(Do you have the pics you could post?)

All my love, hugs, and healing vibes to you guys. You know how I feel.

Nubs!

Edited by Guest

Sammy and my kitty Beans had one of the greatest meetings in the world. We decided that Beans and Sammy needed to be play mates for the night. At this time Beans weighed about 2 pds, and Sammy weighed about 32 pds. Of Course, Beans thought he could fight Sammy-Cat but soon learned who was the God-Father of all cats.

257-5701_IMG.jpg

Being allergic to cats I always tried to explain to Sammy why I could'nt give him cuddles, he'd just keep rubbing up against my legs tempting my heart and tickling my sinuses. To compensate for my lack of affection I would slip him a few crumbs of chips and all was well.

Sammy was so lucky be part of one hell of a family.