Jambands.ca

QOTD OCt 24/06

scottieking

i try to set the clock in the bedroom ahead a few minutes. catphish resets it from time to time i think, and we never tell each other when we've made adjustments.

also i try to push the time ahead after i've tippled a bit so that i trick myself into not realising what i've done the next morning

i guess i find that an extra 4-6 minutes in the morning can make a big difference in what time i get to work...or maybe i'm slowing going insane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that the time you get up in the morning is irrelevant. Whether I have to get up at 7am... or 11am, I would just be adjusting my 'got to bed' time accordingly, and still not want to get up either way. It really comes down to... do you have to get up because you have to, or are you getting up because you want to. I feel that regardless of what time it is, I consider it sleeping-in if I am getting up on my own volition, and not being forced to.

... and usually a zombie until that first cup of kicking horse.

Weekdays, I set my clock for 6:25, which is actually about 5:40 because my clock is ahead by about 43 minutes. Some quick math to figure out what time it acually is and a hit of the snooze bar and it's back to sleep for another 9 minutes.. ahhhh... so nice. I repeat this until I have to get up at 7:15, which is actually 6:35. No problems getting up... especially if I have my clothes laid out and can look forward to that. On the road by 7am. (Which is actually 6:55 since my car clock is 5 minutes fast.)

Weekends, wake up whenever, instantly feel like gettin' into 'er, sometimes do!

Weekdays, I set my clock for 6:25, which is actually about 5:40 because my clock is ahead by about 43 minutes. Some quick math to figure out what time it acually is and a hit of the snooze bar and it's back to sleep for another 9 minutes.. ahhhh... so nice. I repeat this until I have to get up at 7:15, which is actually 6:35. No problems getting up... especially if I have my clothes laid out and can look forward to that. On the road by 7am. (Which is actually 6:55 since my car clock is 5 minutes fast.)

Weekends, wake up whenever, instantly feel like gettin' into 'er, sometimes do!

best post of the thread.

gotta love morning math :P

The alarm is set for 7:00. The CBC comes on and I listen to about four rounds of the morning news, Judy Madrin's soothing voice, that current whore's annoying interview style, and then I cry when they have the play reviewer lady Edweena whatshername. But on the other hand Rita Cielli at least got my out of the bed running when she came on.

I am generally confused and very very angry. I never have time for coffee and I'm always walking to work so at least by that time I'm starting to wake up a bit.

On the weekends I promise myself a nap and never take it. Lately it's because ewvery weekend I go to fucking home depot for more home improvement shit that honestly I don't need. I'll usually deal with this by either drinking alone in a dark room or watching old episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm...I think larry David and I are on the same wavelength.

Not that I'm proud of this, but I have the hardest sleep schedule. I work 12 hour shifts on a two week rotation. The first two weeks are 7am-7pm (I get up at 5:50am); the second two week schedule is 7pm-7am (I'm up now and because my body clock is all fucked up). I have a weekend every two weeks to adjust when I have to start the next two week schedule.

The hardest is adjusting to the morning shift schedule. Example: Going to bed on Friday morning at 7:30am and having to get up for work on Monday morning at 5:50am.

Last night was tough since I was on days for the last two weeks, off on the weekend, and I worked my first night shift last night. Basically, I don't sleep well and haven't for eight years.

But on the other hand Rita Cielli at least got my out of the bed running

mmmmm rita celli running into my bed........ er.

Ok dude if you like stupid chicks than that's your fantasy. I can't stand her at all.

I see similiarities between Rita and Rona Ambrose. Look:

rita_celli.jpg

20051121-Ambrose-Bio0.jpg

Guest Low Roller
jaimoe that sounds rough. what's your job?

Fortunately' date=' my job isn't physically draining. I work for MuchMusic, on the technical production end: Master Control Op, tape op and music video/commercial ingest operator.

[/quote']

He works for 'The Man'.

I see similiarities between Rita and Rona Ambrose

Unless Rita has abandoned our international environmental commitments and sat silent around the Cabinet table while the Harper religious right strips away funding for women's equality - I'm just not seeing the resemblance!

;)

Weird QOTD.

OMG....I have SO enjoyed reading this thread! Thanks for this QoTD, Mr. King

6:30 am

Horny.

most honest answer!

6:15am

singing silly songs

"and I buzz, buzz, buzz....and I buzz, buzz, buzz"...never saw it Lynnie....but I have the most burned in (happy) image possible of you in a yellow bra dancing around the apartment! I also have fond memories (again, just from your posts) about you & Booche having farting contests in the car on the way to work (AWESOME way to 'wake-up'!!)

I LOVE you both, knowing you make Dave & I seem, if not 'normal', at least 'average'!!!!

almost most honest:

6:30 AM. Depressed, alternating with angry. Sometimes anxious.

this was me, before our move to greener (llama-filled) pastures.

Now-a-days, I give into Dave's need for the snooze button (6:00 am; 4 or 5 presses, until 6:36 or something) until we both stumble into the shower together! I highly, highly recommend this as a way to allieviate any 'morning feelings' and at least give one the resilience to face the day ahead.

cheers!

I see similiarities between Rita and Rona Ambrose

Unless Rita has abandoned our international environmental commitments and sat silent around the Cabinet table while the Harper religious right strips away funding for women's equality - I'm just not seeing the resemblance!

;)

Weird QOTD.

have a friggin' drink already and RELAX. Or jump in the shower ;):P