Jambands.ca

sudden death of our friend Marcel ...

mark tonin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel.jpg

I miss him already. I loved that man. Such amazingly good times experienced with him. My birthday celebrations at CTMF. Chris' kitchen in the early morning laughing so hard I thought my soul would explode. Two memories of Marcel that will never be forgotten. I was so looking forward to seeing him over the holidays. Now I really regret that I could not make it Saturday night.

Rest easy Marcel.

This is very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and families. It is times like this where we are reminded of the importance of keeping our friends close to us. With a smile like that it is easy to see how much he will be missed.

Thank you to everyone.

Marcel was one of my oldest and dearest friends. god, we've known each other since we were kids and spent alot of our time trying to stay young at heart.

Its the wheel, you know, the very first conversation we had so many years ago, so young, was under a sky of stars, lying on our backs and contemplating the big and small of the universe, wishing there were some way to go beyond ourselves, find some answers then come back and share what we'd learned with everyone.

Fly Marcel

Oh my god. I can't believe I'm reading this.

I met Marcel when that whole Harvard Mouse package came to town and stayed up all night jamming in our basement. Marcel was the jolliest person that I ever met. I think he was taking his giant truck across Canada the next day if I remember correctly. Oh and we had such a huge laugh when he broke a chair. I'll dig up any photos from that night if I can get a date.

I can't believe I'll never see him again.

I'm sorry for everyone's loss. I know you guys went waaaay back.

so so sorry...

Oh my gosh... this just gave me chills.

I can't believe that this has happened. Far too young indeed.

I am full of sadness for all that loved him.

To Mark and the rest of the HM crew please know that my thoughts are with you. Please also give a big hug for me to Joanie.

What a shock...

I met Marcel when that whole Harvard Mouse package came to town and stayed up all night jamming in our basement. Marcel was the jolliest person that I ever met. I think he was taking his giant truck across Canada the next day if I remember correctly. Oh and we had such a huge laugh when he broke a chair. I'll dig up any photos from that night if I can get a date.

mike, jennifer and i had a huge and much needed laugh reading your story about the chair :) you and sharon were so good to all of us that weekend, i will never forget that. and marcel and his giant truck did indeed split for th e west the following day...that was such a good time.

February 5-05 was the day of the show...if you have any pictures from that date, please post them.