Jambands.ca

Famous people you know?

Jared

Buck 65 and The Trews are probably the most famous people who knows me.

I have met and worked with lots of great musicians. My favorite and biggest celebrities I ever met are Rick Danko, John Scofield, Tony Schnerr, Carl Young, Randy Brecker, Femi Kuti, Medeski, Martin, Ray Packowski, Barr Brothers, Mr T., Darren Shearer, Jeff Martin & Jeff Burroughs, I Mother Earth, Ron Sexsmith, Michael Franti, Keller Williams, Xavier Rudd, Curtis Fuller, Krafty Kuts, Afrika Bambaataa, Killa Kella, Guru & Roy Ayers.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to meet a lot of great bands working at The Comfort Zone.

- Dirty Dozen Brass Band

- Jorma Kaukenen (Hot Tuna' date=' Jefferson Airplane)

- Merl Saunders

- Derek Trucks

- Gov't Mule (with Woody)

- Marty Balin and Paul Kantner (Jefferson Airplane)

- surviving members of Big Brother and the Holding Company

- Burning Spear

- Johnny Neel (Allman Brothers Band)

- Marc Ford (Black Crowes)

- Michael Brecker

- Nero

[/quote']

Hang on... Michael Brecker played at the Comfort Zone? When was that?

June or July 2000 during Jazzfest. It was billed as the Jazztimes Superband and it was hailed as one of the best perfomances of the Fest that year. I believe Dennis Chambers and Joey DeFrancesco played in it too. Michael was a fucking dickwad! Greg Allman with a horn!

I guess the most famous person I know is Andre Williams... aka the Black Grandfather. He wrote "Shake a Tail Feather", produced albums with Ike and Tina Turner as well as with Stevie Wonder. He was actually living on the streets when he found out that the Blues Brothers used 'Shake a Tail Feather' in their movie. He got his shit together and started touring with canadain bands.

I'm not sure I could even come close to explaining who he is or how he preforms-you'd have to know him. I think he has been described, at 65 years old, as the 'dirtiest man in rock and roll"...that still does'nt even explain it.

Anyways, he crashed on my couch a few times when he was touring with my brother's band The Strap, previous to that he did a tour or two with The Sadies.

Edited by Guest

I know Charlie Sexton.

I was lucky enough to record with him last summer - he produced and played on the new Peter Elkas CD. He's an amazing guy, a brilliant musician, and he actually shared our weird sense of humour. We spent long hours in the studio in July where he lived on four quad-lattes a day and all wound up at Ted's for last call every night for two weeks. He was telling us he had to turn down a gig playing and touring with Tom Waits in August to do our CD. We appologized.

Charlie was taken under the wings of the Vaughn brothers, Stevie Ray and Jimmy, back when he was just young. He went on to do his own stuff, play in the Arc Angels, tour with Bob Dylan, and become a highly sought after collaborator and producer.

where was wood?

haha.. Wood was at Evolve, and I did shake hands with him, however I was busy smoking joints with Medeski, we showed him some kind bud that we had rolled and he said "Light 'em all up" so we had a circle of about 5 guys, we passed around 5 joints... Wood was not in the circle, I guess he doesn't smoke on a regular basis.. Medeski, I think, is a cronic!

j

Dj jazzy jeff- won a Miller Genuine Draft party...he was playing. i only went wanting soem free booze and not expecting much of a show, but he was a killer DJ and loved to Smoke so we got along good. Still get the occasional email from JAZZ

Also Bill Baldwin(one of the lesser known baldwin borthers,y but non the less a baldwin through and through) was shooting a film a few years ago a little ways form my town, and he ended up spending some seriousley intense late nights partying with all of us and the locals. until it was over, now he doesnt return my calls.....JERK ;)

I met Pete Townsend 2 weekends ago

I was working The Omega Moo show in Chicago (The Omega Moos are Brenda Bayliss and Ryan Stasik of Umphrey's Mcgee along with Darren Shearer and Jamie Shields of The New Deal)

p1010036zq8.jpg

We were doing a 2 night run and before the second night Pete was playing a gig with his wife and a few other folk at the same bar. very cool he did a an acoustic drowned some others Who song then some of his solo stuff.

p1010073ls6.jpg

[color:blue]I have met the following people.

I have at least talked to these people once and many of them more then once.

Gowan

Madame Albright (Secretary of State)

Robert Redford

Brian Burke

Patrick Roy

Joe Sakic

Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond)

Todd Bertuzzi

Ed Robertson (Barenaked Ladies)

Tyler Stewart (Barenaked Ladies)

Mike Gordon (Autograph)

Gene Ween (Photo)

President Bill Clinton (Photo)

Sharon Stone

Gene Simmons (Autograph)

Paul Stanley

Peter Criss

Queen Elizabeth

Patrick Stewart

Marie Osmond

Dave Matthews

Jennifer Hartswick (Photo)

Terrance Stamp

Prime Minister Paul Martin

Gary Bettman

Dr.Ruth

Bill Nershi

Sass Jordon

Chris Kuroda

Jeff Healy

Michael Madsen

Bryan Adams

Fred Penner

Darrel Hannah

Sebastion Bach

Marc Price (Skippy from Family Ties)

Jane Fonda

Ted Turner

Prime Minister Stephen Harper

JK Rowling

I went to the same high school as Ed and Steve from the Bare Naked Ladies. I was in grade 9 when they were in OAC so, I don't know them.

I met John Candy when I lived in Scarborough. I actually had a box of Kraft Dinner with him (he liked lots of pepper on his as I recall). He was the brother-in-law of one of the ladies that worked for my mom. The business was run out of our house and Candy came to pick up his sister-in-law but was pretty early so he hung out a bit. I didn't know him.

I did know someone with a famous mother. Although I haven't spoken to her in about 7 years, I was friends with Joni Mitchel's daughter. We hung out quite a bit and did get to know each other well. We had many parties and dinners together. I went to her cottage a few times. She looks and sounds identical to young Joni. She's very earthy and consciencious. She was always a fan of Joni's but didn't know that she was her mother until she was in her 20's. Joni had a baby and put her up for adoption, not wanting to be a mother at the time. They reunited and are fairly close now. Joni has two (maybe more now?) grandchildren from Kilauren.

I was working The Omega Moo show in Chicago (The Omega Moos are Brenda Bayliss and Ryan Stasik of Umphrey's Mcgee along with Darren Shearer and Jamie Shields of The New Deal)

p1010036zq8.jpg

I thought that was Billy Joel in the picture! Eeeeks!

I've got another one. I know K-OS.