Jambands.ca

The lovely folks at Bell Canada...(update)

Hal Johnson

...are completely wrong, even admit it, but still expect me to bend over and pay them for it. Im gonna lose it!

I guess I'll have to pay them cause I dont want it hurting my credit, but fuck me seideways do I feel like Im getting ripped off.

Honestly, if I had recorded my previous 15 phone conversations it would make for great radio. At one point I even felt like contacting some sort of News outlet to do an expose on Bell Canada's customer service system.

I honestly dont know how some of these people live with themselves, being so dense and all.

Anyway, just had to vent.

I still dont feel any better.

Edited by Guest

Fuck Bell. I hate them.

I suggest you cut all services, then if they have credit card payment info on you, simply tell you credit card company you lost your card. They will issue you a new one and Bell will have no access to the number.

As for your credit being hurt. It is not as easy to do as Bell makes it out.

Simply tell bell you want an itemized statement of all charges and fees and that you are going to take it to your lawyer to review as you feel the charges and treatment is unjust.

this will buy you months and they cannot deny your request to see your charges...

make those bitches work for it.....

isn't every bill an itemized accounting of services and costs?

see if bell has an ombudsman, they might be able to intervene. the CRTC is very fast at dealing with complaints from what i hear. they might help too.

so happy to have switched my service from Bell finally

"I'm away from home for the first time and need a phone so I can keep in touch with my family." - "We'll require a $250.00 deposit.

"I'm working at a local factory (making good money)." - "No we won't require any deposit. We'll have someone over to set up your service within the hour"

turns out if you're well to do, or you simply lied, you'd avoid a hefty deposit... if you were honest and struggling, fuck you

oh the hatred... sue them, stab them, drop them off a bridge... the personification of unfeeling, uncaring, faceless pocket gauging monopoly

so happy to have switched my service from Bell finally

Agreed! No bell for me either. I switched to digital (Source Cable) last summer and haven't looked back. Internet, TV and telephone all on one bill. So much cheaper and I love that I get 1000 minutes free long distance a month and my local calling range goes beyond Toronto, Kitchener, Simcoe. I also got to keep my old phone number(29.95 a month)

Only draw back is, if I want to call my brother in Scotland (UK) I have to purchase a calling card. But we usuall just talk via the computer and headsets (someitmes webcam). Also no 411. Saved tons of money so far.

I avoid them wherever and whenever possible. I've had bad experiences with home phone, bell mobility and sympatico so to be honest I'm done with the entire organization.

We had some phone line problems within our house a few months ago so I instinctively called bell but realized that since the problem is beyond the jack outside you can call a private company to do the repair, which is what I did. Bell would've been there in 3 weeks and this company sent a tech the next day. Bell charged about $70 an hour and this company was $60 an hour. I immediately called bell back after booking the appointment and cancelled their tech and guess what....3 weeks later a bell tech is standing at the door scratching his head wondering why he is here if I cancelled the appointment.

Vonage ROCKS! There are so many killer features to it (call bursting, emailing voicemail as mp3s, keep your number, no long distance within North America AND Western Europe!!!)

If anyone wants to try it, pm me, and I can send you an invite (i did this with SolarGarlic last summer). Not that you need one, but it helps cut the phone bill that much more .

Bell Mobility farked me over. The phone "conversations" (aka: yelling matches) were horrific. I cancelled my cell phone with them 11 months before they called me to say that I owed them for 11 months worth of services. No calls/mail within that 11 month period. "How is that possible?" they asked me. I shot the question back at them. It was ridiculous...and got worse. A week later, I called back to make sure that the service was cut...nope. Still going. More yelling ensued. 3 days later I called back...same result. Unreal. I still twitch to this day when I think of it.

We've had numerous negative experiences as well, but it seems that we have limited alternatives living where we do.

That company has absolutely no accountability!

i had bell dsl at work that, last november, mysteriously started dropping the connection. bell claimed "noise on the line," and sent several technicians out here who all fiddled with my phone system and claimed they had solved the problem...one of them "solved" the problem by disconnecting our fax & internet line.

finally i got through to a repair person who arranged to send me an "internet unplugged" digital cellular modem. after repeated attempts to get it set up, they finally got it going.

months later, they sent me a return kit for the dsl modem. i sent it back, they sent me another cell modem. i sent that back, they deactivated my service.

i called every day for a week and talked to tech support people who kept promising me they would resolve my problem/escalate my ticket and never did.

finally i found a dude at bell in ottawa who managed to get my working again (after a week of having an internet-dependent company off line).

last week they sent another cellular modem.

i'm scared :P

but mostly i'm just astounded. bell is big enough and hierarchical enough that nobody there is accountable for anything. their tech support people can tell you naything they like as you will never get the same one twice.

as with edger, they are the only internet in my part of mississauga, so i grudguingly stay with them...

boo-urns!!!!

Are they giving you anything in return for giving them survey data?? Maybe a free service for a period of time? Maybe $5 off your bill? I'll bet not. They'd rather ask you to take YOUR time to do something for them (really, do you think that it will make a difference to YOUR service???)

I always ask that when a phone survey busts into asking questions that will only take "a little bit of my time". Well, I worked all day and I'm not working for nobody when I get home at night unless they are compensating me for my time.

Break free from Bell ... it's a liberating experience (mind you, i'm still with them for my cell ... but that may change soon ). Also, it's fun to break free from ROGERS :)

I use Bell for my home phone, cell phone, TV, and interweb. I've never had a problem with them. Granted, I could save a few bucks by going with another company or a VOIP phone. But I'm getting Aeroplan points with Bell so it's all good.

Rogers screwed me around with cell phone billing a couple of years ago, so they're on my sh!tlist. I boycott their service. I don't even read Maclean's or cheer for the Blue Jays.