Jambands.ca

FAT CATS 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SHOW

edger

15 long years, and still truckin'...

The boys will be celebrating by putting on a show Saturday Sept. 29th. They'll be digging up their roots by jammin it out in Dundas at the Thirsty Cactus. Back in the day when it used to be Rockwalls, this bar was one of the first places where the Fatties played as a full band.

They plan to do a full-band acoustic set (which has been a while...I'm personally hopin' that Gatch will bust out the banjo...), and they will also do an electric set.

Cover will be $10

I believe tickets will be available in advance, and at the door. I will post more as soon as I have more details, but for now, hold that date if you're interested and able.

Should be good times.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally hopin' that Gatch will bust out the banjo...),

Agreed. Other then that party/show at his place a few years back I think the last time I saw Chris playin' banjo was when he was playin' with Shannon Lyon and The Harvesters at La Lunas in 97.

This is goin be some serious good times. I can't wait.

Hey Sara, any info on where and how can we get adavance tickets? I keeping gettin asked about it by folks who don't come to this board.

I've made sure to keep some of the old La Luna crew up to date, Brendon, Skerny, Johnny La Rue, Brian Crowe, the Tims and others etc Lots of interest going on.

Shoot! The timing to have a party in Chatham couldn't be worse! This will be a very special and excellent night to be sure!

Congratulations to the Fatties on 15 years! Keep up the great work!!

Sorry not to be able to make this - the fatties have been, and continue to be, one of my all time favourite Canadian bands.

I wish Diesel Dog sucked and Backbacon was an asshole - then I'd be at this show for sure!

'Bama Man - great pic. Thanks for sharing!

Edger - hope the babybelly's treating you well! It's gotta be close, no!?!?

Hey Sarah I'm really hoping to make the trip down with Rachel, but with Jenn's due date 1 week later this is no doubt wishful thinking.

I might have to wait for the Halloween show which will be my fifteen year aniversary show anyway. (1992, opening for Days of You, Serbian club, K-W.) Although this one could be up in the air too....

Thanks to the Fatties for given it for so many years!!!!

Yeah I'm excited for this show for sure!

Greg, thanks for spreading the word amongst some of the old crew. It would be great to see some of those guys out... and a total blast from the past. I wasn't sure what the best way would be to reach some of those cats, but I guess word of mouth will take care of it!

Blurry, Backbacon, etc, we'll miss you guys for sure. But I know you'll be doing the night up right. There's always Halloween...

Oh, and the babybelly is doing well thank-you! I still have a ways to go though, I'm about halfway there... and Feb. will come real fast!

Happy b-day in advance to you Jeffrey! 33 eh? I don't believe it...

I'll have to see if I can dig up some old fatties pics. I know we have them, but most of them were taken prior to the day of widespread digitization... maybe I'll try and throw a poster together for the night of.

Drawbar, you had scrounged up some old digital pics at one point hadn't you?

Well, here's hoping you'll be able to make it out Rob. I know timing will be tough though. Hopefully Jen is feeling good right about now, and you guys are all ready to go. I figure if you get out by Halloween, you're doing okay!

Congrats on 15 years FATTY's. Unfortunetly I wont be able to make it, although it is my birthday weekend and this would be an amazing show to be at I already got plans. Thank you fatty's for years of great music, I still remember getting into the old lunas underage and getting completly shitfaced and lovin the vibe. Most of the time back then I would just go by myself because noone wanted to come with me (due to the underage thing) but I am glad I did. I met so many wonderful people going to fatty shows. KEEP ON KEEPING ON FAT CATS, and hope to catch you guys soon.

CONGRATS

Edited by Guest