Jambands.ca

Misheard Lyrics

MamaPink

quote:

Originally posted by Super Freak:

An old roomate of mine thought that Stevie Nicks song was 'Like the one winged dove'.

I'm fairly sure those are the lyrics. "just like a one winged dove, sings a song, sounds like she's singin' ooo baby ooo ooo...."

I always thought "one winged dove" too. What are the words then?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by vermontdave:

I used to think that song 'Lunatic Fringe' was 'Lunatic Fred'. I still like my version better.

That's funny, 'cus I friend of mine once swore that he heard it as 'Lunatic Fish'. Some of the guys in a band we were starting thought that was a riot, and next thing you know I was in a band called 'Lunatic Fish' for the next two years! [Razz]

Oh, and CH, an artist friend of mine actually painted a picture of "Slow Motion Walter The Fire Engine Guy". He used to have a scan online but it looks like his site is down. If it comes back up I'll post it.

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by Super Freak:

quote:

Originally posted by Phred:

I always thought "one winged dove" too. What are the words then?

I'm quite sure that it IS one winged dove. I remember checking out some sheet music years ago. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. [/QB]

I'm pretty sure it's 'Like the white winged dove'

If not boy is my face red [Embarrassed]

peace

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

There's this Tori Amos song called Winter that I just could never figure the lyrics out.

My interpretation:

"Wipe my nose on my newborn son". (I knew it wasn't right but I'll be damned if I could figure it out.

It was actually:

"I put my hand in my father's glove."

Please don't ask....
[Wink]

Sharon,

Hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure that the "Father's glove" bit is in a completely different line ... the line you were mishearing was, I believe, "Wipe my nose, put my new boots on"

RnB

• 2 years later...

my one old buddy from HS used to think layla was hey now

same guy also thought beautiful people was "the beautiful pink-ball, the beautiful pink-ball"

there was a couple more too, man i wish i could remember em, he was a howl. good old jay lo

There's an actual word that describes you folks.

Mondogreen

A misheard word or phrase resulting in a misinterpretation. Common when listening to popular music. Example: "The girl with colitis goes by" was a frequent misinterpretation of "the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" from the Beatle's "Lucy In The Sky".

Archived