Jambands.ca

peipad...

peipunk

Well, as many of you know, my lady and I are in the process of building a house here on lovely Prince Edward Island. She, being much smarter than I, has taken the time to create a weblog and upload some pictures of the process. I have not done very much of the work myself as of yet, but once the framing is done and closed in, I expect to put in a lot of time over the winter, since we don't a hard deadline for finishing. October was a terrible month for weather out here, so the framing has really only gotten rolling this week; so there will be a new batch of pictures soon.

Soooo, anybody who's interested can check this out:

Chris&Margot's PEI pad

I will also now mention that we hope to spend New Year's with a lot of friends at Maverick's....and I can't frickin' wait!!!!

Is there any chance you could post images of the plans? I want to see where the recording studio is going. :)

And as to NYE: yet again, my cubicular neighbours are wondering why I'm dancing around my desk, muttering, "Happy Dance! Happy Dance!" with unbridled glee. :) :) :)

Aloha,

Brad

Sa-weet! I was just kayaking around that bay last summer... Rustico is my favorite spot on the Island :) There was a natural sandbar forming out where the fishing boats go through the channel and one of the local fisherman tried to stake a land claim. I thought that was some fine initiative on his part but the government folks came and gave him the boot :( There's also a super-active booze-can over by the N.Rustico lighthouse... moonshine and late-night Celieghs; PEI's finest.

Congratulations on being "founded" in such a fabulous spot :) and Maverick's NYE! Perhaps I should plan on a family Christmas on the Island after all.

Update: New pictures up on the site. I helped build the 40ft. main floor walls on Saturday and then had a few guys there early this week to finish building and erecting the walls. Yesterday I left work and went all day to help set the trusses and nail down the roof sheathing. We have walls and roof, people! Now for a good old shingling party this weekend.

P.S. I can't believe that people on this board are talking about my ole buddy Dave's place! I have had many a crazy night down there. He's not bootlegging anymore, but the Tuesday night jams are still going strong. People show up from all over the Island with guitars, fiddles, mandolins, dobros, you name it.