Jambands.ca

arcane lightens up

bradm

I had a note from arcane today, the relevant details of which are

Can't type much right now--the big event has occurred two weeks early, on 13 Dec at 21h21. She came out at 6 lb 9 oz and 19.75".

Her name is Rhianna.

Rhianna slept for almost all of her first 24 hours, became a champion nurser by 36 hours (I expected to take a week for us to achieve as much as we did in less than 48 hours, and that's including the 24 hours she spent mostly sleeping), makes all kinds of weird musical sounds (coos, chirps, eeps, all sorts of stuff), and is already fascinated with colours and patterns (spent ten minutes investigating white polka dots on blue fabric, another ten investigating blue and white stripes). Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but if this keeps up, she'll outsmart me by age three.

Of course, she's cute. Looks like a little doll (a slightly jaundiced little doll, mind you) but has moments when she looks kinda like Yoda. You can't hate Yoda.

:)

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Rhianna, Mercenary and I overwhelmed by jammy good wishes! :) :) :)

She's a good little sprog, eating well and sleeping about as well can be expected :) Mercenary and I are still quite sleep deprived.

Let's see if this site prevents image linking:

9F1J5E7H1E_1lg.jpg

This photo was taken in the hospital, so our Rhianna Jade was fresh outta the box :)