Jambands.ca

one *evil* mouse needs your healing, good vibes!!!!!!

Calamity Jane

As Dave may have alluded to on here....his fretting, middle finger got caught in a van door. He spent two hours shaking and moaning in pain &shock before his endorphins (and the codeine and the whiskey) kicked in to give him some little relief. Still no better yesterday, I coaxed him to a clinic. The horrible verdict: the bone IS fractured.

YIKES AND OUCH AND OWWWWWIE!!!

Dave is scheduled to play twice at CTMF -- with HM and on the acoustic stage.

please send many healing thoughts his way so we can all enjoy the beauty and magic of his music this weekend, which he so loves to share!

(thanks!)

please send many healing thoughts his way so we can all enjoy the beauty and magic of his music this weekend, which he so loves to share!

I love hearing Dave play his guitar, and I love playing with him, so I've been sending as many healing thoughts and vibes as possible his way since I heard the news, and will continue to do so.

Peace, Mark

holy shit. the body is a healing wonder, so no doubt he'll get better with proper care and lots of vitamin (something).

I'm terribly sorry about the timing, knowing how much DEM is looking forward to this weekend. Yet I'm sure it's gonna work out one way or another.

If Harvard Mouse need a stand-in guitarist, I may be talked into it. I know C, G, and Am. If I have a few bars of rests I can switch between them. I know three voicings of G but can only play C and Am in open position. If you're interested, PM me.

Joking of course. I'm devestated that Dave is injured. I'm sending him healing vibes. If that doesn't work than I wish the spirit of Django Reinhardt embodies itself in him and his damaged digit becomes irrevelant.

I recommend the Rockin Ronnie Hawkins regimen:

Rompin’ Ronnie Hawkins is apparently over his cancer and back to performing.

Late last summer (2002), good old Arkansas boy turned Canadian rock icon Ronnie Hawkins, then 67 and, as he puts it, “as broke as the 10 commandments,†was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

“I had six or seven months to live,†he recalls. “So I doubled up – no, tripled up – on everything: whisky, drugs, cigarettes.â€

Hawkins’s regimen – for he had no other treatment – must have turned the trick. Earlier this month a CAT scan revealed his cancer was gone. The Hawk, it appears, is soaring again.

get better mon ami