Jambands.ca

CTMF REVIEWS!

jay sanislo

Rock! I have to say point out that I did not lose my voice!!! first time ever! one of my fav festivals and believe me I've seen many!

I also do not have the dreaded virus, I just have the post festival blues.

my highlights are too many to count! All the bands rocked.

cheers to crissenger for being the band slut of the weekend!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomomma's "hey Bulldog" was a lot of fun.

yeaaaa i forgot about that...awsome!

I also totally forgot --- man, that was superdancetacularfun!

as for the "party star" accusation....I think you're on to something. *sigh* it was SO much fun, though. I'm sure I'd do it again in a sec.

and hey y'all.....post more pics if you got 'em!

I'm so sorry to read about losing your Nono(sp?) Mark. I had no idea you had an Italian heritage!

The tent over the main stage area looks like it was a very well thought out contingency plan! I'm sure many wet clothes were avoided.

Let us please note that at some point in the weekdend each and every person with this cold could be overheard saying that they hadn't slept in over 24 hours.

Je m'appelle Deeps .... I slept and do not have a cold.

I slept every night. Albeit between the hours of 7am and noon every day. That's a pretty decent night's sleep where I come from. Leanne slept between 8 and 10 hours a night and she is sick too. I'm not sure that's the only factor Deeps.

Throw in a healthy measure of being cold and wet for a lot of the weekend and then a good virus candidate (Deb) and you have a recipe for disaster.

The tent over the main stage area looks like it was a very well thought out contingency plan! I'm sure many wet clothes were avoided.

Let it go down on record that while the tent was a welcome relief during the 'rainy' portion of the weekend, it sucked to be stuck under it on Saturday when it was sunny and nice outside. I think it'd be best as an 'alternate' venue during any further CTMFs at that site.

Let us please note that at some point in the weekdend each and every person with this cold could be overheard saying that they hadn't slept in over 24 hours.

Je m'appelle Deeps .... I slept and do not have a cold.

I slept every night. Albeit between the hours of 7am and noon every day. That's a pretty decent night's sleep where I come from. Leanne slept between 8 and 10 hours a night and she is sick too. I'm not sure that's the only factor Deeps.

Throw in a healthy measure of being cold and wet for a lot of the weekend and then a good virus candidate (Deb) and you have a recipe for disaster.

[color:purple]Yeah Sleeping!

I walked by your sight at one point and their were some people [color:purple]sleeping eachother's brains out.

Not saying it was you, but it made f'n laugh my ass off that's for sure. Thought I'd just pass that on.

Damn it Will I'm a bass player not a doctor!!

Deeps

MAN!!! what a weekend! I'm just recovering from the nastiest virus I think I have ever had!!...

The festival was amazing...highlights for me were playing guest spots with Hefner and Superstack...The Floyd show was wicked start to the weekend...Fatties were ripping it up, even though I would have rather seen them in a later time slot...Burt rocked! as usual with a few new songs...Thank god for the van to keep us warm in the early morning...Hanging out behind the bar in the Saloon at night was awesome. JSB were great as well...loved the Supertramp opener....

All in all it was a kick ass weekend with great people....It was awesome to hang out with you again Friendly (Lions Rule!!)....I can't wait for Labour day...at least it will be a lot warmer with less chance of getting sick at the end.

superdancetacularfun!

expressions such as this may account for part of why this scene is cring worthy for many scenesters.

ahahahahahahahahahahahah!

whoo, wipes tear....

ahahahahahahahahaha!

of all the many, many things I am (crazy dancer, partner, music-lover, teacher, mother, shit-disturber), a "scenester" is certainly not counted among them, thank god.

don't take life, your place in it (or me for that matter), too seriously. It (or I) will only bite you in the ass!

What's a scene?

Are we making one?

I think Zero wasn't calling you a scenester as much as saying an outside scenester (you know...the truly toooo cool) might be deterred from making it out to a show as a result of the Uber-Hippy Hyperbole that is phrases such as dancetastic....or super good.

A funny ribbing Zero and likely on the mark IMHO.

Scenesters 101

Can't wait for the Hippy Version of this.

[color:purple]Yeah Sleeping!

I walked by your sight at one point and their were some people [color:purple]sleeping eachother's brains out.

Not saying it was you, but it made f'n laugh my ass off that's for sure. Thought I'd just pass that on.

It must be the virus but I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about. I 'think' you mean that people were shagging each other's brains out rather than sleeping. Is that what you meant or am I way off base here?

i'm glad that someone was shagging on willy's campsite, not at all worried about whether or not scenesters are a problem, and i just looked out the window and saw all the mud from the past weekend caked on my car.

it really made me smile.

that's cool.

when's the next one? :)

And aw shucks keep the uber hippy sap coming, I love it. And there's certainly a multitude of scenes where it can be avoided

it was actually my Ned Flanders impersonation (filtered through days of sleepnessless and sickness...so not very funny, I'll admit)

....but I jumped to my own defence, perhaps assuming wrongly, that Zero thought "true sceneters" (and yes, what exactly are scenesters? Perhaps I should have paused to ask, rather than go with my assumption that they are too-uber-cool and in-the-know than the rest of us schmucks) were not coming into our little community because our vocab was putting them off. Like Will, I gotta say, I'm a little fuzzy-headed these days and maybe I didn't get it....but the idea that we're a "scene" in the uber-cool-NOW-place-to-be sense, makes me laugh.....and I laugh even harder if people in this community think of themselves as scenesters.

tired...

shutting up now...

(for now :P )

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Mark.

The fest was good times.

I was a wuss and left after Swift...as much as I would have liked to have caught the closing saloon rock, we just weren't prepared to spend another night in the Siberian cold. Not being a big-time camper, my tent is a $40 supermarket special that doesn't do much good below, say, 10 degrees. Bummer that I missed DD and the Superstack jam, but I saw alot of good stuff, like:

- Slowcoaster in the saloon, my number one highlight without a doubt. I thought the OLD drummer was good, this new guy is BETTER and a little more rock and roll. They kicked ass.

- Burt Neilson, awesome as always. Four great musicians, great songs, great jams, good times.

- Fat Cats. I actually haven't ventured out to see them in a while; they play so much around Hamilton that I wasn't really interested for a while. Nice to see them again, and to be reminded that they can still tear it up real good. Shit-hot, skin-tight band; Dave Hill and Chris Gatchene always impress me the most, I love their individual playing styles.

- Jomomma. I have the sudden urge to unearth an adjective from my younger days, and that adjective is 'sick'. What a sick band. The rhythm section is incredibly tight, and the guitar player take equal cues from Garcia and Iommi. They need to get down to Hamilton more often, I know they're close by.

- Swift. I knew it was going to be tough to replace the old drummer, but I've loved the new guy since the first time I saw him, and he was even better on Sunday night. Like Slowcoaster's new drummer, this guy is a little more rock and roll than the last guy, and I love it.

All around, good music, shitty weather, mostly good people (except for the skinhead with the SS tatoo on his bare chest on Saturday, did anybody else catch that?). See you all at the next one.

found a few more skank shots

see if you can find yourself :P

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

I know this is afro and myself

DSC01778.jpg

whoa im dizzy from puttin all these up...whos who haha

couple more...

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

proud owner of a ghost town ...say cheese rick

DSC01557.jpg

Edited by Guest

It looks like there will be another Come Together Fest for the Labour Day weekend, and I'm already smiling at the thought. This past May long weekend once again reaffirmed for me just how lucky I am to have stumbled upon this "scene." ;):)

Thanks for the kind words of support and sympathy about my Nono. I am lucky to have had him around for so long, and am fortunate to have had a final visit with him 11 days ago. Having him around for so many years, telling stories and giving his opinion on things, helped many times over the years to put things in perspective for me. I owe much of what I've got to his hard work and love for his family. Although he only went to school until grade 4, he loved to read and was a very intelligent man, one who enjoyed the simple things in life and who always lived within his means. His memory will live with me until the day that I die.

Peace, Mark

Wow what a fest!! So many great people, great memories, and such great music. The weather was a little meh... but the fact that I could have such a great experience in light of the weather really speaks to how powerfully good the vibe was in and around the Ghost Town.

Here are some of my shots:

IMGP2263.jpg

Rocking the Saloon are the Dr's... Evil Mouse, and the one in the Mesh Shirt on the wall

IMGP2260.jpg

Now that's a wake up call!

f4db0719.jpg

a2b9d430.jpg

Looking Forward to "Laker" Month!

0d8b283d.jpg

Jimmy Smurf Band (I think you can actually see all 4 members!)

c95d738d.jpg

Chameleon Projects Set

5bdcbd28.jpg

2fda4972.jpg

Outside the wall (I thought these guys were great!)

See you Labour Day!!! If not a few times before!

Peace,

~W