Jambands.ca

CTMF REVIEWS!

jay sanislo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far my best Come Together yet! Made it through until Sunday with no worn out feeling. Usually by Sunday my body betrays me - this weekend it not only kept up it even went the extra mile...about the same amount of people told me I was on fire this weekend as there were people at work telling me I looked like crap on Tuesday haha!

Although I ended up with this nasty cold...hot, cold, snow, rain, I suppose it was inevitable but so very worth it.

Every bit of music that I caught was absolutely excellent. So good to see JSB again one of the many-many highlights for me.

I'm hoping to see more pics though - with all my running around having fun - I forgot to bring my camera out of my car!!!

So good to meet some new people and see some familar faces - can't wait until next time!

What a great weekend!! Shanti and I had such a great time - the van was dry and relatively warm. Camping with Mark Crissinger, Willy and Leanne, Dusty and Miranda, Holly, Holly, Mark Tonin (in the loft) , Scott and Sherri and meeting and camping with the Harvard Mouse gang, Mouse, Chris and everyone was such a riot. Thanks for your kindness and great memories.

Felt like far too long since i've seen/heard some of the bands and now i can't wait to see them again. Truly a treat to hook up with friends that you typically see only at shows - Diesel Dog, Caution Jam, Fat Cats - band members and friends, K/W crew - great to hook up with you all.

Cheers Mark Wilson!! Looking forward to the next CTMF!!

I'm reviewing the many photos I took and I'm convinced there was a ghost/gremlin in my camera...more likely in the gears that link my hands and fingers to my head though...Thanks for posting to those who faired better than me with the shutter...

g

first time @ Frontier town and it didn't dissapoint. Caution jam definitely the highlight of my weekend.

Had to cut out early on Sunday morning as snow had kicked in and we just weren't feelin it.

A many thanks to you that stopped by the big blue tent for a visit!

It was nice to meet some of you folks, and I hope to meet more of ya's possibly in September (unless we end up @ moe. down)

Frontier town must be kick-ass when the sun's shinin!! I know it did on Saturday!

Cheers,

thanks to LivingCarrie for the lift, super appreciated.

:):)

haha livingcarrie I like it. no prob slipperymister you've driven my ass around enough....

the drive home was rough though - arrived home unloaded bags, showered and straight to bed for 12 hours only conscious for a brief phone call and back into a comma literally - I didn't even wake when roommates burst in to wake me for 24 - still don't know how I heard the phone. Oh and I slept through my alarm in the morning as well.

Sooo much fun though....can't wait to do it all again.

What a great weekend!! So much great music, so many great people, and so many different types of crappy weather (just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it did!!!)

Highlights include...the Floyd tribute show on Friday (I will post pics soon), rocking out to Caution Jam behind the bar (we rocked behind the bar all weekend), hanging with our crew of 5 in the saloon on Saturday night, an absolutely rocking Burt set (with Gav pulling out some sick Keith Moon like fills and Mike making amazing guitar faces), keeping warm in the Burt van listening to Jer's album (Mary was like Mcgyver fixing my blown-out sandal) camping with amazing folks (keeping our fire going all weekend), Friendly trying to put an entire tree branch on our fire (still alive and with lots of pine needles) and all the other great music (Hefner, JSB!!!!, Fatties and DD in the Saloon)

I can't wait for Labour Day....

Music and friendship feeds my soul, and there was an abundance of both this past long weekend. Even with the cold, rainy, windy weather, there was a smile on my face and warmth in my heart for the entire weekend.

I arrived home on Monday to the news that my grandfather, my father's father, my nono, had died, which is the reason for my delayed reply to this thread. He was almost 96 years old, and had a long full life ... he arrived in Welland, Ontario, Canada from Italy 80 years ago with almost nothing, and worked extremely hard to enable his family to have a better life than he did. He was loved, and will be missed.

Back to the weekend ... even with the lousy weather, the weekend went according to plan ... things ran smoothly and for the most part the bands were on schedule for the entire weekend. The goal was 500 people for the weekend, and my sense is that there were at least that many people there over the weekend, even with the nasty weather.

I enjoyed all of the music that I heard over the course of the weekend, but my musical highlights included:

- having Mark Crissinger join Harvard Mouse for our last three songs ... wow, did that ever crank up the energy!

- BNB on Saturday night ... they are a great band!

- Jomomma and the Fatties on Sunday night under the tent

- Diesel Dog in the saloon ... it had been a while since I've seen Diesel Dog, and they reminded me just how much I enjoy them

- the rockin' Superstack jam with lots of guest musicians in the saloon

Huge thanks to Wi!!y for being a great friend, to Leanne for her awesome DJ skills, to Mike and Shanti for letting me sleep in the loft, to the entire Harvard Mouse family, to Miranda and Dustin, Mouse, Scot and Sheri, Mark Crissinger, and everyone else who hung out around the campfire that I called home for the weekend. And as I wandered around the campground, and in and out of the saloon and the tent, I was reminded of the huge number of wonderful people that I have met over the last 5 years at shows and festivals. I am so lucky to be a part of this community!

I can't wait to do it all again!

Peace, Mark

glad to read about the good times folks. Im jealous! Ive only missed 2 at the ghost town, this one and the other may 24 that it snowed. I guess i lucked out.

To everyone who has the cold, i had it all weekend long and still felling the after effects. Must be one hell of a bug goin round.

I worked half a day tuesday and have not been back to work yet... its the COLD of 2006

we will read about it later in life in history books..lol

Atleast I have my priorities straight...fuck work

and get better for the weekend..hehe

So sorry to hear your sad news Mark, sending my condolances in a huge way!

man I can barely sit up or type..or spell..

gotta go lay down again

peace everyone...hope you all lose this mofo of a cold before the weekend aswell !!!

Let us please note that at some point in the weekdend each and every person with this cold could be overheard saying that they hadn't slept in over 24 hours.

Je m'appelle Deeps .... I slept and do not have a cold.

Anyway .... get well party stars.

Deeps