Jambands.ca

The best place to listen to music....?

YearsAlongTheSea

So, I just drove to and from Toronto from Ottawa, and while it wasn't a long haul or anything, it got me thinking. What is your favorite place to listen to music? Personally, and I've always felt for this way, I love listening to music in the car, namely on road trips or small extended hauls. I'll get a little lifted, or fire somthing up if you will, and driving duties get passed onto the third eye. So I'm paying attention as driving just comes naturally, but only really subconciously, which is a lot more attention than most give the road anyways. So yeah, in my world, you just don't hear music as well as you can in the car.

The question at hand though is: Where do you like listening to music the most? And be honest, whether it's rolling around the city plugged into an iPod and headphones or lying naked in a cold, dry shower stall, curled up in a little ball with a 1950's transistor radio, what does it for you?

Having about an hour and a half of driving every day, the car's definitely the place (best place in the world to sing, too, imo) - uninterrupted, and the best bulwark against road rage you can have.

seconded.

the steering wheel is a great place to work out rhythms when stuck in traffic, although it seems to upset people in other cars to see soemone *gasp* enjoying themselves in traffic :P

the greatest non-live musical expereince i've ever had was on a late night road trip at about 4 am we got caught in a massive snow storm on the interstate....

we were the only car on the road....i had great tires and the guy driving felt comfortable driving through the heavy snow fall

puffed a doob and put on WISH YOU WERE HERE.

incredible.

My best listening sessions lately have been on the commute to/from work on the subway in Seoul. Its only about 10-15 minutes, but I make the most of it. Sometimes I wish I could share whats going on between my ears with all the seemingly bored people sitting across from me.

Also (and I'm surprised no one else has said this one) I'm a big fan of the tunes before sleep. Lights out, in bed, music on. I set a timer on the iRiver so it'll turn off sometime after I pass out. I guess its a slightly different thing for the non-bachelors/bachelorettes in the house. :)

I sooooo agree to the tunes-to-sleep choice! A good set of headphones can be the compromise when there are other folks in the house.

And really, who can cook or clean without music???

actually..... music is 'on' in our house (blasted through the speakers or being played live) whenever we're home. We have a strict no-TV policy during the school/work week....and it's awesome. Today, I threw some Franti on when the girls and I got home and my 5 year old said "Oh, I know this one!" and promptly started singing along to "Everyone Deserves Music"....what a moment!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

In my head.

It's right there - in between my ears, almost like my ears turn inward, feeling like there's a concert going on right within my own skull. And the greatest thing is that it's the best music I could ever imagine.

Every note perfect.

Every song I want to hear.

Anytime I want.

This is a great poll. Personally I'd have to say CBC at any hour, half baked but nicely toasting in the garage while tooling around, . Other than that most of the tunes I hear are ambient until I get into the studio and fire up the PA. That unit is one of the best home stereos I've ever heard and just about any music through it can give me shivers.