Jambands.ca

nero reunite for LIVE performance

bouche

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't felt that much energy in a bar in a long, long time. The jams were great, and EVERYONE was getting down. I really hope that we get to see Nero rock out once again.

Big time agree! The energy was so surreal, everyone had good vibes radiating from them, and the music just engulfed the whole room.

This definitely can't be the end, I'm sure those boys haven't felt so ecstatic on stage in a while. Thank you boys, memorable moment in history.

Here's one of mattm's price shots.

Ciao

Steph

nero_reunion-01.jpg

I haven't felt that much energy in a bar in a long' date=' long time. The jams were great, and EVERYONE was getting down. I really hope that we get to see Nero rock out once again.

[/quote']

Big time agree! The energy was so surreal, everyone had good vibes radiating from them, and the music just engulfed the whole room.

This definitely can't be the end, I'm sure those boys haven't felt so ecstatic on stage in a while. Thank you boys, memorable moment in history.

Ciao

Steph

nero_reunion-01.jpg

man ,thats some evil-looking Cully in the bkgrd of that shot.

:)

Wow!

So many of my favorite folks, music and goodtimes crammed into too short a time. Maybe next time the reunion shows should be spread out over a week (or a long weekend).

Thanks to Ottawa for your hospitality and kindness and looking forward to the next one.

And thanks to nero and the video and audio tapers....I can't wait to watch when that is available.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who made this weekend possible...especially nero.

I had such a wonderful time. So good to see so many familar faces (and new) in one weekend and so glad to be there for such a special event.

Hope to see you ALL again soon. It will not be another year before I make it back to Ottawa!!!

ps.

irregardless - nonstandard - regardless

well, it's now early wednesday a.m., and i still havent found a proper way to put this all in perspective, i dont think - but since i've been up for a couple hours and not even the bong will help me back to sleep, let me give this a try...

first of all, i've had a shit eating grin on my face since about belleville. on the way up. i remember saying to scottie at one point that there's enough people travelling up that damn highway for these shows that they better open with 401. if not, it could potentially ruin my weekend.

thanks for not ruining my weekend, guys. ;)

but think about it... so many chapters of nerodom gathered in one place.... i think chatham had a representative from just about every city, but we (team london) represented... there was team k/w, guelph, hamilton, team toronto, peterborough came to play, folks from kingston, likely quebec, and i know the maritimes were out in full force with folks from fredericton, moncton, saint john, and the island.

and then of course, there's the home team. team ottawa. what a party.

so, you have all these people converging on one place, for 2 nights, to see these 3 guys play their music that they havent played for 2 years. that's a lot of miles, but not really. not for this. what's more is that's a lot of power in that music to get those wheels moving, i think. to bring all those people together. 2 sold out nights, there was some serious energy in that bar.

the music itself, what we were all there for, was incredible. i went up expecting them to be sharp and wanting to play good shows, not just play for the sake of playing, but i dont know if i expected them to be quite that good. really, i mean, 2 years off? they hit their changes, controlled their tempo well, and just plain tore the roof off the fuckin' place! friday night was a huge rock show with stuff like the year of... and medicated. holy shit, medicated. one of my favourite moments of friday was standing behind tungsten during medicated and watching him get his head blown off. that shit was so heavy. a half hour condor? thank you. i liked the dead flowers cover, totally un-nero, but a great tune.

i dont know what i can say about the saturday night... i was totally immersed in the music from start to finish, at times their sound was just like this perfect little couch for me to sink into.. i dont think i ever stopped moving, whether dancing or swaying and spacing... i loved it. the entire 2nd set was amazing. and i thought the new tune in the first set sounded kinda 'slippy', especially towards the end, so of course i welcomed that.

i just really thought these were 2 great shows musically that also felt like a lot more personally - there arent many bands that do that, and for a while we'd lost one. it was good to have 'em back for a weekend.

here's to another one down the road!

:thumbup:

Wow. I think Guigsy nailed lock, stock and barrel. That being said, I could not haved asked for a more soul reviving experience. I am filled to the brim. Thanks to everyone who asked how Diane is doing. Night 1 was a little rough for her but we were joking that night 2 was so good it had healing powers. It certainly had unbelievable energy!

I know that this show had to be just as incredible for the band. Thank-you to Nero for working so hard. It honestly sounded like you had taken two years off....to practice!

Thanks also to all our hosts this weekend. Great to catch up. Special thanks to all native Otowners, I love to see you folks that take such good care of Sunshine. Hope to be back up sooner than later.

Glad to hear everyone had such a great time, and were able to live up to the hype.

It is pretty rare and special opportunity when the mix of timing, place, people and circumstance allows for the creation of a nice, cozy, little community that knows how to boogie...

Always good to hear that pockets are thriving throughout our vast and barren land

I haven't felt that much energy in a bar in a long' date=' long time. The jams were great, and EVERYONE was getting down. I really hope that we get to see Nero rock out once again.

[/quote']

Ciao

Steph

nero_reunion-01.jpg

man ,thats some evil-looking Cully in the bkgrd of that shot.

:)

I look like the Terminator 'raising the roof'!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to nero for putting on two of the best shows I've ever seen and in the process creating one of the funnest party weekends in a long time. Also big thanks to all those who made the trek up for the shows. It was awesome to have all my favorite people from SoOn and the east coast together in one spot, that needs to happen more often. Hope everyone made it home ok and i hope everyone has almost recovered, god knows we're still working on it.

Now back to watching the maids clean the house ...ahh life is good.