Jambands.ca

Job interview in 2.5 hours and counting

Nitro Compression

Today I am going for my first full-time permanent position after Grad school in the field I love, with a population I love. Positions at this agency never open up so I am really excited.

The job is as a social worker at a residential children’s mental health center working with teens and their parents. I need all the good vibes I can get.

a fwe years a go i ran into a buddy of Hux's at the beer store in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday.

me- what's up?

alistair- got an interview, gonna have a few beers beforehand so that they get to see the real me

me- uhmm... good thinkin

Not sure if he was yanking my chain that day or not but next time i ran into him i asked if he got the job, his reply?

"of course"

all that to say, FMKH, be the ball and g/l

The next two days are going to be the longest days of my ..... hmmmm.... week. I am actually pretty nervous. Best part is if I don't get it, I still work/learn there and love the place. Sort of win/win, although better pay and long-term security would be great.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. I like this posting thing. Ask and you shall receive.