Jambands.ca

Robbed

Ms.Huxtable

So it's been a while since I've been on the Sanctuary here's why:

Last Wednesday we get home from work and our back gate is wide open, the door to our house is wide open and our dog was gone! Searching the house for her, bouche noticed that every room in our house had been robbed. All our electronics, his cameras, wii, xbox, SO much gone.

As we waited for the police to arrive I was in hysterics over our missing Abbey dog. Our neighbor took me in and tried to calm me down as bouche set off around the neighborhood looking for her. I tell you all that I do not beieve in God, but I prayed and prayed for him to show up with her. He did not.

The police came, searched the house, interviewed the neighborhood and spent about an hour and a half with us. As he was getting ready to leave, a neighbor knocked on our door and said that she had our dog! I ran out the door and down the two blocks to get her. It was a wonderful reunion moment. She was likely wandering the neighborhood for 4-5 hours, but she is unharmed. Over the next few days she didn't eat much, she barked and growled in her sleep and was extra clingy, but she's doing fine now.

Anyway, as we compiled our list for insurance we were shocked to see the missing items exceed $21,000.00 in value. Our insurance company has been super, they came over the very next day with a cheque to get us started.

So our house had been cleaned up, new super duper locks have been installed with a new security system, and bouche, Abbey and I are all doing well. I'm still going through a bit of a roller coaster ride of emotions. Mostly feeling fine but sometimes crying when I think of the invasion of privacy and what could have happened to Abbey.

I wish I could give you all advise on how to secure your home, but the truth is that these faulkers picked our locks and there's not much we could have done. They obviously had been watching us and knew we'd be away at work. Shudder.

So no need for sympathy, we're all doing well. I just wanted to share this because I know some people have heard and others have not and I wanted to set the story straight for anyone concerned. The Sanc is also like my diary I guess. Maybe I'll search this a few years from now and be reminded of how lucky we are.

Oh and I need to thank Douglas and Booche for hauling ass over to help us. I had no idea their car could fly.

Guest Low Roller

Blows! So sorry to hear that guys. Rather unfortunate luck right now, but I suppose material things can be replaced, and Abbey is back with you where she belongs...

the good thing about the computer stuff is that they didn't grab my external backups so, for example we still have our wedding photos! The "bad" thing about the wii is that I had 92/120 stars collected in Super Mario Galaxy and they are all gone. :(;)

we're definitely feeling well taken care of by our insurance. They're paying of our new locks too which is great because they were about 5 times more expensive than I thought locks and knobs would be. Top-of-the-line. Impenetrable by any means. Come in through a window, and you're not getting out of our house through the doors either.

Basically everything that was taken can be replaced. The first thing that we replaced was our naivety. As good as we think our neighborhood is, we just learned that there are little punks everywhere. It doesn't matter where you live these days. You just need to know that basic locks are not enough to keep out the thieves of today. No one is getting in a house of ours ever again without us letting them in.

Sorry to read about your misfortune but am happy your dog is OK. I don't know you but after reading about your hot tub episode I would suggest that that incident and this one are no coincidence. If your dog is large I would also suggest that the perps knew it was friendly! Just like some car stereo install places can be a hotbed for thieves (employees or their friend knowing who to target) your previous incident wreaked of inside job! We were victimized last year and we figured out who did the deed.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hate people who pull that kind of shit. Stuff is stuff, but loved ones (such as pets) are irreplaceable. I'm glad your pooch is back in your caring hands and that they fared well considering they had a stranger(s) break into their house.

Have you started scoping out the pawn shops?

Is there anything that you guys need that can't be easily replaced with the insurance $$$?? Need any CDs/DVDs? Always willing to help out with some copies, etc.

The police came, searched the house, interviewed the neighborhood and spent about an hour and a half with us.

wow, in hamilton most I've heard of the cops doing over a break-in/robbery is asking the victims to write up a list of stolen items

ex-girlfriend had her window broken through and all her CDs stolen plus a few other things several years back... the cop who showed up asked her to compile a list and left his card for her to call him when she had the list done... few days later, after writing out the band names, release titles of 300 CDs she called and he asked her to meet him at a nearby Tim Hortons in a few hours... though it sounded kind of weird, she desperately wanted her music collection back and went to meet him... sadly, the cop was waiting in his Mustang in civilian clothes wondering if she'd like to go out for dinner sometime... asshole

glad you guys and your pup are ok, is the most important thing... and good to hear the insurance company and police are being good to ya's