Jambands.ca

QOTD - 09/16/08

scottieking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everything about my current life is different then what I pictured my life being as a child.

1. Never thought I'd be married (at least married to a nice guy)

2. Never thought I'd own a dog (I was always a cat person)

3. Never thought I'd have a successful professional career (I'm not that well educated, I just catch on fast and work hard)

4. Never thought I'd have a comfortable disposable income (I come from earnest means and didn't dream bigger than that until resently)

5. Never thought I'd live in Ottawa.

6. Never really thought I'd grow up actually.

NOt sure if i'd be surprised to learn these things but very happy they did....life goals, if ya will.

• Learned to snowboard (at 32)
  • Learned to play guitar (age 30)
  • Made it to Europe (age 30)
  • Made it to Burning Man (age 32)

Guess i'm a late bloomer.

Things to do:

• backpack east coast of New Zealand
  • Snowboard Rockies
  • Learn Blackberry Blossom

...among others

1.That I can wear contacts as well as glasses and my glasses are no longer an inch thick. (Thank-you high index)

2. I like Fords a lot. Used to be an import fan until I started driving a lot.

3. Gotta jump on that country bandwagon. Brooks and Dunn kicked ass August 24th. (Don't tell my siblings, they'll beat me up)

4. I never finished post secondary (yet). I kick ass at school. I just hate paying for it.

Define country music. I think its umbrella has expanded quite a bit in recent years to include alt-country acts.

Don't really know how to define it. I guess I'm just assuming its the country for the masses that goes hand in hand w. Nascar and everything else that seems so American Republican to me.

I do own a Dixie Chicks album mind you does that mean I like Country & Western.

Genre classifications are so limiting. They also change over time. What they call "New Country" is only that because they sometimes sing with a twang in their voice and they might have a fiddle ;)

Just because somebody likes Celine Dion doesn't mean they like Rock and Roll because she sang an ACDC song :D

Edited by Guest