Jambands.ca

A Sad Story...

CyberHippie

On sunday febuary the 8th, my father (59) ended a long battle with Chrones and Heart Disease.

My dad had been unable to travel for sometime, and he wanted to go away in the worst way. This winter he finally was able to get travel insurance and got the green light to fly from his doctor. My parents wasted no time getting on a plane and joining friends in Mexico who were renting a condo. My mom called one day last week and told me how much of a fun time they were having. And my dad was so glad to be there.

Saturday morning at about 8:30am, the phone woke us up, and we didn't answer it. A short time later it rang again and I knew something must be up. We didn't get to the phone in time but heard my mom on the answering machine saying she had to talk to me. Shit! My father had been admitted to the hospital in Puerto Vallarta, his kidneys had shut down, he had a major blood clot on his lungs, he had a massive infection in his organs etc... Tara and I hopped a plane first thing Sunday morning to Mexico. After many hassles we finally arrived there at 3pm. Unfortunately it wasn't soon enough. My dad had slipped away at 11am. Not being able to say goodbye was real tough for me, but apparently by dad hadn't really been aware of his surroundings for about 36 hours. I know he's in peace now, and isn't fighting any more.

Only a couple of you ever met him, but if you feel so inclinded enjoy and Labatt 50 and listen to some Hank Williams in his honour.

Thanks for listening...

I have to run now, the funeral is on saturday, and there is much to be done.

Enjoy everyday, because we only get so many...

T.

I'm sorry to hear this Trevor.

I can relate with you about saying goodbye,my father passed on in the USA, alone, back in 97 while on the road working.Always wish I had talked to him before he left.

I will crack open a 50 right now and throw some Hank on in honor of your father.

My thoughts are with ya bro.

sooooooooooooo sorry to hear of your loss.

my deepest condolences to you & your family.

it was nice he did get his chance to travel & have a good amount of fun before he fell ill... sounds like he was a good man who will be remembered fondly.

thanks for reminding us all what is truly important in life... relishing each moment & cherishing the great people in our lives. hopefully all the great memories you have of him will help you get through this.

"Julie catch a rabbit by it's hair,

come back steppin like it walks on air

Here's a half a dollar if you care,

double twist when it hits the air"

Brother,

The moment is all we have. One doesn't need to reach into the past or future to find perfection. We here in our ivisible community feel your loss. We share your sorrow with sad smiles and heavy eyes.

If confused in death, don't be in a rush to feel everything at once. We have a lifetime for that. Be there for those around you and have faith that the universe is unfolding as it should.

It's a new chapter in your life. The page turns by itself.

Wonder, sharing, love.

"Smile though your heart is aching

Smile even though its breaking

When there ar clouds in the sky youll get by

If you smile through your fears and sorrows

Smile and maybe tommarrow

You'll see the sun come shinning through

If you just smile

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear maybe ever so near

thats the time you must keep on trying