Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Hal Johnson!

balogna pogna

Ah, thanks guys. Y'know what, Edger's post made me realize that I haven't really kept y'all properly informed about Hal's new life on the East Coast. So Im gonna take a moment to talk about myself. Please stop reading now if that aint your type of thing. But it is, afterall, the day after my birthday....(I'll try to keep it short)...Im entitled to some indulgences, am i not?

Anyway,

Being back at school is great and weird all at the same time. I love the program Im taking (kinesiology) and Im even going to finish it someday. Turns out I had less credits than I thought going in so I have an extra three classes to take after next year, which blows, but whatchagonnado? I hope to get into the B.ed program when Im done, but apparently being a new teacher sucks right now...not sure if that will stop me from trying though. The kids (yes, they are kids) are strange and from a different planet generation than me, but we seem to get along well despite our differences. My favorite story goes like this:

Kid in my clas to another kid: ``Ya, I like `How I met your mother`, its funny.`

Me (interupting): IS that the show with Doogie Howser?

Kid: Who?

So you see, I haven't much to work with when it comes to making new friends ;)

But all in all, things are good on the school front. I have a summer course right now, then it's back in Ontario for a month. Will be really nice to be back in the city for a bit.

Wow, there's so many more things to write about...but my daughter just woke up from her nap...I'll tell y'all about the crazy drivers, and show you a picture that will knock your socks off later on....thanks for the birthday wishes!

Hal